Let's put this "Leave the Big 12" b.s. talk to bed please

CornBall

I get sick and tired of everytime we come up on the short end, all of the sudden it's texas' fault. That gets so old.

Hey, I was at the game last night. Some calls went our way some did not. He, WE'RE the ones who let Texas set up shop at the 40. WE'RE the ones that couldnt' convert a first down to milk the clock down to 1 second ourselves. WE'RE the horse collar offender. The last second WAS the correct call.

WHO EXACTLY does it help to LEAVE the Big 12? No one, and CERTAINLY not Nebraska. Look, our team is filled with fine young men from primarily TWO states: Nebraska and...you guessed it...TEXAS.

You think when we go to join the Rust Belt Conference we're going to be signing up any more southern states talent? You think this program can survive without SERIOUS Texas support, exposure, and RECRUITS? GET REAL.

If we moved to that Rust Belt Conference, we would be Wisconsin from now on except with a big N on our helmets. Our talent pipelines would be GONE. Our media exposure would be GONE.

GET OVER IT ALREADY. THIS IS STUPID AND I'M SICK OF HEARING IT. Is the Big 12 perfect? NO. But enough of this talk about bolting. We're in the best damn conference in America, NU and strong as dirt, and we're only going to get stronger. GO BIG RED.

Let's move on.

Everyone feels the need to start their own thread emphasizing their OPINION.

Ummm, isn't that what a message board is supposed to be for?

oh forgot. It's only a message board for irafreak.

irafreak's probably one of the jobbers wanting to go and join the Little Eleven. Have fun in that conference with a bunch of no-talent, ice bowl gangs.

Everyone feels the need to start their own thread emphasizing their OPINION.

Ummm, isn't that what a message board is supposed to be for?

oh forgot. It's only a message board for irafreak.

irafreak's probably one of the jobbers wanting to go and join the Little Eleven. Have fun in that conference with a bunch of no-talent, ice bowl gangs.

And yet everyone complains about the 10th thread started about cody green. Give me a break. The point is if you want to dispute something....do it in the related thread. At least this is what people constantly preach here.

I get sick and tired of everytime we come up on the short end, all of the sudden it's texas' fault. That gets so old.

Hey, I was at the game last night. Some calls went our way some did not. He, WE'RE the ones who let Texas set up shop at the 40. WE'RE the ones that couldnt' convert a first down to milk the clock down to 1 second ourselves. WE'RE the horse collar offender. The last second WAS the correct call.

WHO EXACTLY does it help to LEAVE the Big 12? No one, and CERTAINLY not Nebraska. Look, our team is filled with fine young men from primarily TWO states: Nebraska and...you guessed it...TEXAS.

You think when we go to join the Rust Belt Conference we're going to be signing up any more southern states talent? You think this program can survive without SERIOUS Texas support, exposure, and RECRUITS? GET REAL.

If we moved to that Rust Belt Conference, we would be Wisconsin from now on except with a big N on our helmets. Our talent pipelines would be GONE. Our media exposure would be GONE.

GET OVER IT ALREADY. THIS IS STUPID AND I'M SICK OF HEARING IT. Is the Big 12 perfect? NO. But enough of this talk about bolting. We're in the best damn conference in America, NU and strong as dirt, and we're only going to get stronger. GO BIG RED.

Let's move on.

From someone born and raised in Texas i will go ahead and give you a reality check. In Texas about 90% of football players want to go to UT. The rest of the Texas schools get the leftovers that Texas didn't want. Sure there are a couple of times some good prospects leave the state but that doesn't happen often. With the exception of Oklahoma none of the rest of the Big 12 schools really have a shot at getting the best talent.

My problem is mainly that the Big 8 bent overbackwards to let Texas have whatever they want. They came from a corrupt conference and to sit there and punk an already good conference was embarrassing. The Big 8 should've set the rules and if Texas didn't like them tell them to go somewhere else.

Let's move on.

From someone born and raised in Texas i will go ahead and give you a reality check. In Texas about 90% of football players want to go to UT. The rest of the Texas schools get the leftovers that Texas didn't want. Sure there are a couple of times some good prospects leave the state but that doesn't happen often. With the exception of Oklahoma none of the rest of the Big 12 schools really have a shot at getting the best talent.

My problem is mainly that the Big 8 bent overbackwards to let Texas have whatever they want. They came from a corrupt conference and to sit there and punk an already good conference was embarrassing. The Big 8 should've set the rules and if Texas didn't like them tell them to go somewhere else.

Let's move on.

Hey Texas mastermind, I'm from Texas myself, and I am well aware of the fact that UT gets most of the cream.

Your thread has nothing to do with the fact that Nebraska's Texas recruiting would DRY PLUM UP if they moved to the Rust Belt league.

Go ask Rex Burkhead (or Cody Green, or Chris Williams, or Trey Robinson, etc., etc. etc.) if they would come to NU if they weren't in the big 12. While you're at it, ask the players from any of the rest on the team from any of the rest of the sunshine states the same question.

oh by the way...Burkhead was offered by UT and picked NU. ;)

OK...gotta post on something else other than the Big 12 Champ game.

I know this will NEVER happen but I think it would definitely give the Big 10 a huge lift (as we all know they have been suffering for several years).

Here goes:

1. Expand to 12 teams.

2. Kick Northwestern out (never won jack from what I know and I am guessing bring one of the smaller fan bases to the table).

3. Add Nebraska and Notre Dame.

4. Here's how it shakes out:

West:

Illinois

Iowa

Minnesota

Nebraska

Notre Dame

Wisconsin

East:

Indiana

Michigan

Michigan State

Ohio State

Penn State

Purdue

5. You have a championship game between West and East.

That could be pretty bad ass. Just sayin'. :cowbell:

Let's move on.

Hey Texas mastermind, I'm from Texas myself, and I am well aware of the fact that UT gets most of the cream.

Your thread has nothing to do with the fact that Nebraska's Texas recruiting would DRY PLUM UP if they moved to the Rust Belt league.

Go ask Rex Burkhead (or Cody Green, or Chris Williams, or Trey Robinson, etc., etc. etc.) if they would come to NU if they weren't in the big 12. While you're at it, ask the players from any of the rest on the team from any of the rest of the sunshine states the same question.

Well considering that NU's best players from the past came from Florida beg to differ a little. Just because was offered by UT doesn't mean he would have started. From his performance against UT he didn't do much. If Texas has such good players then why has UT only won 4 national championships? I mean if Texas has the best players they should've won more right?

Let's move on.

Well considering that NU's best players from the past came from Florida beg to differ a little. Just because was offered by UT doesn't mean he would have started. From his performance against UT he didn't do much. If Texas has such good players then why has UT only won 4 national championships? I mean if Texas has the best players they should've won more right?

There's nothing special about Texas, except that it's one of the most populated states. It's no different that CA or FL.

Burkhead didn't do squat for the same reason Helu didn't: Texas committed to shutting down our run first, and they did. You put 7 or 8 in the box and Johnny Rodgers could do no better.

My point is, if NU was in the Little Eleven, their recruiting base would be toast. Players would no more come from Florida than they would from Texas.

I just get tired of all of the state of Texas and big 12 bashing. The state of Texas is huge for our program.