Horse-collar call

I also remember numerous times nebraska players getting horse collar'ed. This rule is an inconsistant joke always has been and a perfect example of how a man's sport is turning into a pu&&y sport so the pretty boys that can't make it in golf or tennis or some sh#t wont get hurt.

Yes, that's it. IT COULDN'T be because of the rash of injuries CAUSED by this type of tackle. It's a rule, the player broke it, thus the penalty was asessed. Properly, at that. Play by the rules, and the call isn't made. Here's an idea: KICK THE BALL INBOUNDS....and we don't get the ball on the 40. Maybe friggin MAck Brown is an alien and controlled your kicker with his credit card. Better break out the fargin aluminum helmets next year for added protection!!!!! I thought aggy had the market on conspiracies cornered, but you guys are something else.

I also remember numerous times nebraska players getting horse collar'ed. This rule is an inconsistant joke always has been and a perfect example of how a man's sport is turning into a pu&&y sport so the pretty boys that can't make it in golf or tennis or some sh#t wont get hurt.

Yes, that's it. IT COULDN'T be because of the rash of injuries CAUSED by this type of tackle. It's a rule, the player broke it, thus the penalty was asessed. Properly, at that. Play by the rules, and the call isn't made. Here's an idea: KICK THE BALL INBOUNDS....and we don't get the ball on the 40. Maybe friggin MAck Brown is an alien and controlled your kicker with his credit card. Better break out the fargin aluminum helmets next year for added protection!!!!! I thought aggy had the market on conspiracies cornered, but you guys are something else.

Yes, how dare Husker fans complain about crappy calls officials made throughout the games this year. We should bend over and take up the you know where each and every single game until we're too sore to play.

On a completely unrelated subject, whatever happened to the Missouri trolls that loomed the boards for years until we beat them this year?

Oh that's right. Who was it that was whining all of the offseason about not being selected to the big 12 title game last season because they lost to a team that the rightful south champ beat by 40?

And feel free to show us links to these "rash of injuries" you're referring too. You're dirty lineman tried to take suh's knees out multiple times during the game. At least our player was only trying to make the tackle.

And you know damn well that had the roles been reversed and we were behind with a questionable horse collar putting us into field goal range and then the clock reading zero but we get unofficial time added back that there would be plenty of texass fans taking issue.

:rant

Did you even read the post? The call wasn't correct. I'm not sure I have actually seen a proper horsecollar call in any game this season. It isn't like facemask, where you just can't touch it for any reason. As it is currently written, the player must be tackled by the collar and brought to the ground. Assante grabbed the collar and slowed him down, then let go as others tackled him.

Not sure the horse-collar call was correct also. The rule states that the runner has to be pulled to the ground, Astance let go before that and the tackle was made by someone else. Very questionable.

The BCS came up with that idea to make sure TEXAS wins the game. That and all the other bad calls against the Huskers. They told the refs to make sure TEXAS won the game because they didn't want TCU in the championship game. Itt's true. I read all about it and it makes sense if you really think about it...

The horse collar rule is bogus. They should rename it the "can't tackle high when coming from behind" rule. 85% of the calls that are ruled a horse collar are jersey grabs, but I guess it serves the same purpose since it is just as dangerous to drag a guy down by the jersey than by the pads.

This is why people have been clamoring to bring back the tear-away jerseys for years.

The horse collar rule is bogus. They should rename it the "can't tackle high when coming from behind" rule. 85% of the calls that are ruled a horse collar are jersey grabs, but I guess it serves the same purpose since it is just as dangerous to drag a guy down by the jersey than by the pads.

This is why people have been clamoring to bring back the tear-away jerseys for years.

True, the collar is about the only thing you can get a hand on when chasing from behind...at the very least, it's going to be the first available thing to grab on to. How else are you supposed to grab a guy accelerating away from you. Is the expectation that you can only catch a guy from behind if the tackler is fast enough to arm tackle him around the shoulder or waist.

Was there a rash of horse collar injuries? I had not ever heard of this being an issue until the rule was implemented.

Please. Please. Please. Its over. Its all in the past, and unless you have access to Mr. Peabody's Way Back Machine or Doc Brown's DeLauren just let it die.

We play the Wildcats of the U of A in 2 weeks just get onboard with that.

T_O_B

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

Dude, talking about the rule in general, no dead horse beating here. I've posted as much as anyone my thoughts on the Holiday Bowl. It's an odd rule, to address a problem that didn't seem to be that big of an issue from a fan perspective. Perhaps it was resulting in concussions more regularly, but it didn't seem to be that common to institute yet another rule that ties defenders hands.