Stewart Mandel for Suh

I first jumped on the Suh/Heisman bandwagon after his stunning Thursday night performance against Missouri and remained fairly loyal the rest of the way. In the weekly top-five ballots I submitted to HeismanPundit.com's Chris Huston, I had Suh No. 1 four times and in my top-five seven of the last nine weeks.

Stewart Mandel recognizes that the best player in college football is often somebody other than the QB of the #1 team. Too bad those old codgers at that little club in Manhattan NYC don't understand this.

I first jumped on the Suh/Heisman bandwagon after his stunning Thursday night performance against Missouri and remained fairly loyal the rest of the way. In the weekly top-five ballots I submitted to HeismanPundit.com's Chris Huston, I had Suh No. 1 four times and in my top-five seven of the last nine weeks.

Stewart Mandel recognizes that the best player in college football is often somebody other than the QB of the #1 team. Too bad those old codgers at that little club in Manhattan NYC don't understand this.

Seems to me the voting pool needs to be narrowed. 926 ( I think) is way too many.. On a boxing forum I visit a Boxing writer said he'd been given a Heisman vote 20 yrs. ago when he covered football for a local paper in college. He said he'd watched about 3 games a year for the last ten years (all bowl games) and had no idea who to vote for..

I was stunned. This guys' vote counts the same as Stewart Mandel's? How many more voters are there that rarely watch the sport? Seems to me they need to do a review of their voters and pull the reigns in. Oh yeah, also, DON'T accept votes until after all the games are played.