NU BandWagon

Too all the Husker Board memebrs out there. I pose this question. HOW MANY HUSKER FANS THAT HATE PETERSON AND CALLAHAN WILL JUMP ON THEIR SIDE IF THE WINS COME?

I know that this subject has been beat to death but it will be interesting to see since there are so many crybabies out there about last years 5-6 season. Some that were on TV saying how they could not take losing because the team had not had a losing season since they were born.

This healing for our football still will continue to not be a pleasent experience for our bandwagon fans but you must realize all reconstructions take time.

By 2006 we we play USC in LA our team will be a primed machine to make a run at the Title, until then please allow a rollercoaster ride week to week.

Im not going to step on any toes here, but i am curious. To all of those people out there who dont like Pederson or Callahan as the coach, if Nebraska gets 8 or 9 wins this year, Callahan gets another solid recruiting class, and the overall attitude of the team is more positive, would you give Callahan the benefit of the doubt. I am not asking if it is going to happen, so please dont give me, its not going to happen, or something like that. IMO, if Callahan goes 5-6 again, and the attitude and overall play of the team does not improve, than I will be with all you haters, and Callahan should be gone if no improvement is shown the year after that. And on that note, what about Pederson, same situation, same question. This should be a pretty interesting discussion.

I feel as if I should respond to this.

To all of those people out there who dont like Pederson or Callahan as the coach, if Nebraska gets 8 or 9 wins this year, Callahan gets another solid recruiting class, and the overall attitude of the team is more positive, would you give Callahan the benefit of the doubt.

Good question with lots of merit. After pud said that 10-3 was not good enough and promised us that this coaching change was about playing at the highest level, and competing for National Championships, then anything less than a Big 12 Championship and playing in the NC game is underachieving and falls short of expectations. 2004 falls in that category.

By 2006 we we play USC in LA our team will be a primed machine to make a run at the Title...

Maybe the Big 12 North title, :blink: but that is about it.

07 and 08 are the years. If you go back and look at when Bob Stoops first came to Oklahoma, that's what we look like alot right now, though I hate to say it's Oklahoma, but we really do look alike when they were where they were.

:dis NU was never in as bad of a position as OU was in the 90's.

forget to read my post former? This thread assumes that we win. If you want to make a thread that assumes that we lose, and asks about how our opinions change, than do so, but please dont change the direction of this thread. I want legitimate answers.

Cool the engines, buddy. See my response.

Assuming NU will compete for a NC in 2006 IMO is a rediculous statment.

You still didnt answer my question former. Would you give Callahan the benefit of a doubt if the team shows obvious improvement this year?

Youre right, I didnt answer that question completely. :dumdum

See my previous answer. I will not be happy unless this team competes for a NC. That is what we as NU fans were promised, and if it is not delivered, then no, I will not get off of pud and billy c's backs.

The 2003 team showed great improvement, and if that was not good enough, than anything less than a Big 12 Championship and playing in the NC game is not good enough.

Period.

It wasnt my decision, it was pud's.

Great improvement agaisnt who FF?

We lost 3 games to the only real teams we played. And that is counting Missouri a real team.

With the previous staff we would never compete with Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Auburn and a slew of others. We were becoming a regional team. We only recruited regionally. Another two years of recruiting the way we were, we were done. You need to look ahead FF. You live in the past. The past is gone. Move forward and think that way. You and I are the same on Pederson, but don't blame the employee for the bosses comments. Give BC the chance he deserves. If we are not resectable by the end of next year, at least it appears we will have the talent for the next coach to do something with. See Stoops at Oklahoma.

You still didnt answer my question former. Would you give Callahan the benefit of a doubt if the team shows obvious improvement this year?

Youre right, I didnt answer that question completely. :dumdum

See my previous answer. I will not be happy unless this team competes for a NC. That is what we as NU fans were promised, and if it is not delivered, then no, I will not get off of pud and billy c's backs.

The 2003 team showed great improvement, and if that was not good enough, than anything less than a Big 12 Championship and playing in the NC game is not good enough.

Period.

It wasnt my decision, it was pud's.

BTW, I could give a crap about how high the recruiting class is rated, or how the staff and pud say "We're making big improvements..."

I dont care about lip service from the regime, or the opinions of a bunch of "recruiting gurus" (if they knew so much about the game, why are they not coaches??).

Prove it on the field. Another year like last year is absolutely unacceptable. No excuses.

Great improvement agaisnt who FF?

We lost 3 games to the only real teams we played. And that is counting Missouri a real team.

With the previous staff we would never compete with Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Auburn and a slew of others. We were becoming a regional team. We only recruited regionally. Another two years of recruiting the way we were, we were done. You need to look ahead FF. You live in the past. The past is gone. Move forward and think that way. You and I are the same on Pederson, but don't blame the employee for the bosses comments. Give BC the chance he deserves. If we are not resectable by the end of next year, at least it appears we will have the talent for the next coach to do something with. See Stoops at Oklahoma.

I guess I would rather lose 3 games that we should have lost, and won the 10 that we should have won, as opposed to 2004-losing 5 games that we should have won, with one being the worst loss in the history of the program to the 4th best team in the South.

BTW, Solich did beat OU and UT.