No More Defenders

I think Cotton ends up on the OL. I think Evans is starting out as a receiver. With these assumptions, we have 9 defensive scholarships and 7 on offense.

Now assuming that I didn't miscount, not including seniors we currently have 40 players on offense on scholarship compared to 28 on defense. Not including juniors, we have 27 scholarships on offense and 21 on defense.

We are filling in our biggest needs. Over the next 2 years we have 4 of the best offensive linemen in the country comming here. Trust me... we are filling in the right holes in our offense.

My thinking exactly. We are fine at skill position on offense. We have receivers and plenty of enough promising RB's. The problem is with the coaching and QB play this year. Our weakest link this year @ qb was the Oline and QB. Both of which should be a lot better next year.. if barney cotton is fired.

Fine? Really? Helu's gone after next year. Burkhead is the only 'fine' RB after that. WR is very sketchy. And QB is an issue, unless Green takes the job and runs with it.

I don't think we can't rest on our laurels when it comes to the skill positions. To build real depth, you need elite players every year coming into the system. We simply don't have that. And it is NOT a good sign when two decommits in a row call into question the offensive system at Nebraska.

Something's got to change.

Was, it isn't necessarily all about the quality of Offensive Players on the team driving this it is the number of players on the Offensive side of the ball. If Bo doesn't take a Defensive heavy class this year then they will have serious issues filling a defensive squad 2-3 years down the line. Recruiting is all about what you need 2-3 years down the line, not next year in most cases. I get what you are saying about playmakers but if you look at the roster you will see quite a few WR's on Scholarship, a decent number of QB's on Scholly's, and RB's as well. If you don't like how good they are overall that is fine, but they are on scholarship and Bo has a scholarship limit. He has to work with what he has. This is why recruiting is so tough, you have to get quality players that fit your depth needs 2-3 years down the line so you have to project on what injuries, attrition, the draft, etc. will do to the team on top of graduation.