Favorite part about gameday in Lincoln?

Tunnel Walk... Am I the only one who tears a little when it starts??? I swear that when I am dead, if someone walked by my grave with a stereo playing sirius, I would rise from my coffin scream GO BIG RED! at the top of my lungs.

Love it StuckinChi!! Not at all my man, not at all. Ive been known to get something caught in my eye about that same time every game myself... hmmm curious aint it. ;) Heck yes, I also get chills during the national anthem about every time, and if they do a fly by or something, then wow. :horns2

This post will obviously date me a tad bit, but here goes anyway!

That's right, game day always begins the night before (after high school FB games) at Barry's until closing...then in the hotel room with crazy old people who know how to handle the hard stuff (alcohol that is) and then an early morning Bloody Mary to quell an unsteady head. Head over to the University Bookstore for some shopping and gawking...Usually hit Val's buffet before the game if I wasn't tailgating and showing off the mad culinary skills I've developed over the years...I think they stole the "Brat Tub" from me, without credit even....

Strolling the campus with the Big Red Faithful, being there when the band does there thing...the Tunnel Walk (a late addition in my gameday experience-but definitely the most thrilling...)March Grandioso (?) is a fave...then the game food and assorted section kept beverages (back in the day you passed whatever anti-freeze you brought around to protect us all from the elements.)

After the game, Misty's is the best, up in Havelock or downtown...Don't forget the Haymarket and what was the name of the bar headed down 10th or 14th Street in the 80s? (Age is definitely getting to me now!)

I miss the atmosphere...UNLV Rebel fans don't have the class of the Husker faithful...that's for sure.

Man, I can't wait for the season to begin...You all are great therapy.

Out,

HR

climaxes damn i missed those games :)

We used to go out and shoot stubbleducks and then go to the game. U could always tell game day the traffic into Lincoln from the west was bumper to bumper almost like congested traffic??? yeah right

if the hunting was too good we would just listen to the game in between walks and have KFAB/Lyle on the radio.

ahhh nirvana

GBR

Just the morning/day starting out at a bar with college gameday, then culminating as you walk to the stadium. The feeling climaxes when The Tunnel Walk kicks into gear and there is a great fly over. By then I am at my peak and going nuts. :horns2:woo

Yeah, I dig it!! The whole atmosphere, the drive to Lincoln, walking a mile from your parking spot, the See of Red outside the stadium, Misty's, Sidetracks, Sandy's, PO Pears, Haymarket, The Night Before :o , errr, oops...its ALL GOOD :thumbs

I'm feelin what rawhide had to say. There's nothing like gameday in Lincoln, but some of my best memories are when I was back on the farm as a kid. My dad and I were usually picking corn, putting up electric fence, or hunting pheasants. Walking along with headphones listening to the game was always a good way to block out the cold a$$ north wind.

As for being in Lincoln, scoring the 1st TD or getting the first 3 and out for the Defense always brings out the home field advantage. Can't beat being there for the 1st series of the game.

I remember my first visit to Lincoln in 1999 to watch the Huskers take on the Washington Huskies. It was the fullfillment of a lifelong dream to go to a home game. I was surreal and felt like a dream....I cannot tell you how much fun I had and what that trip meant to me. I can't wait to go again and am looking at '06. The atmosphere is absolutely electric. The fans dressed in red, the tailgaiting, the tunnelwalk, watching the team take the field is one of the greatest thrills in my life. Words alone cannot describe this experience. If you have not been to a home Husker game, it is something you gotta do...It is worth every cent. I sold satellite dishes for a year to earn the extra money to go and I would do it again.

I remember my first visit to Lincoln in 1999 to watch the Huskers take on the Washington Huskies. It was the fullfillment of a lifelong dream to go to a home game. I was surreal and felt like a dream....I cannot tell you how much fun I had and what that trip meant to me. I can't wait to go again and am looking at '06. The atmosphere is absolutely electric. The fans dressed in red, the tailgaiting, the tunnelwalk, watching the team take the field is one of the greatest thrills in my life. Words alone cannot describe this experience. If you have not been to a home Husker game, it is something you gotta do...It is worth every cent. I sold satellite dishes for a year to earn the extra money to go and I would do it again. :horns2