Favorite part about gameday in Lincoln?

Tunnel Walk is the Greatest thrill just before the game, and I have always enjoyed watching all the red & white balloons cover the sky after the 1st score.

I've never had the pleasure of going to a game, but even so I still get the chills when I hear Sirius. I've got it on my computer and blast it for like an hour before every game starts.

Then:

it all started when i was twelve i went to my first home game and that is what sold me on Nebraska Football. Of course it helped they never lost. We followed the band around and looked at all the trophies and such. I was just amazed the first time I heard "there is no place like nebraska" with the band no more than 5feet away. It was deafening and beautiful. We then took in the Bookstore which is amazing. Floors filled wall to wall with memorabilia of all the Husker greats past and present.

and Now:

walking around campus breathing in the air from the stadium is electric and makes you feel like a kid again. hearing the roar of the stadium from the fans pouring in and the band sounding the drums of war is too great an emotion to describe. i stood as close as I could to the tunnel walk last year and i tell you it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

i encourage all husker faithful to save money and make time to go on a pilgrimage to the great mecca of college football :horns2

Man...am I PUMPED when I hear these stories!!! :clap

OK...my favs...

Joining my buddies on gameday and talking NOTHIN but Huskers!...drinking beer when we're winning, anything red when it's close...and only tequila when we're behind ;)

HATING that 11a.m. kickoff...but STILL waking up and drinking with above, starting around 8a.m. (ahh...college, come back!!! :horns2 )

Opening the garage door, sit in the deck chair drinking coffee and reading the LJS on the day's game, listening to all the neighbor's radios chime with pre-game, and feel the neighborhood electricity.

Exchanging stories, comparing notes, sharing drinks, and having fun with opposing fans downtown...and knowing they're there BECAUSE that's how we are and how we respect others...and because I want the same when I visit the same opposing fans in THEIR territory.

Watching the other good games going on that day, and discussing how it affects Nebraska.

ESPN College Gameday...sadly, about the only thing I like about ESPN anymore :(

Calling my dad an discussing the game with him afterwards.

GO BIG RED!