Favorite part about gameday in Lincoln?

Hey fellas, with me living out of state these days I only have a chance to get back to a game every so often, so Im curiuos to hear more about some others favorite gameday traditions and all around what are your favorites parts of a gameday in Lincoln NE? Id like to get some ideas for my return there this fall!!! :cheers Thanks in advance.

Here are some of mine that come to mind from the "good days". :)

Marching band before the game around the stadium

Sidetracks bar with Joyce and crew

Haymarket area before or after game

Runzas!!

We would get together at my friends old house on Vine street years ago and just hang out front and play catch and watch the Sea of Red matriculate by!! Boy those were some good times. :)

some of my favorite things about gameday are, seeing all the fans, all the red they have on...walking around outside the stadium about to go in, hearing crowds of people getting the GOOO BIIIIG REDDD chant going...the Tunnel Walk, of course, gets everyone going...when the doors open to the players, there is a great feeling that gets me really pumped up.

Just being in Nebraska is excitement enough for me. I can hardly wait for the Wake game. Going to Mistys the nite before is great too. I don't drink so very seldom hit the bars. I am really looking forward to the tail gate this year. Want to put some facs with the names.

I am really looking forward to this year. I think we see some major improvement this year.

I hope to be there for the Pittsburgh game too. Just depends on the wifes class reunion and if I can get back from Jefferson City, Missouri in time.

Will it ever get here this year???

so many great things about gameday.....

1. Back in the day, it was going to sidetracks on friday night with buddies

2. Taking long walks to the game chanting Go Big Red

3. Partying afterwards at buddies houses late into the night celebrating

Now that I am "matured" (age only) a little....

1. Tailgating with friends before game.....ANTICIPATION for kickoff

2. Going down under stadium to watch players exit field after warmups

3. Rushing back to seat for tunnel walk

4. Jumping around and high-fiving whole section after big play

5. Meeting with buddies at half to discuss "game plan" for second half

IT IS BIG RED FOOTBALL....IT IS PRICELESS

I just love being in Lincoln and on campus on gameday. The entire town has a exciting feel to it on football Saturdays.

When I was still in school, we'd get up around 10 AM and have a few beers and burgers, depending on kickoff time. Those 11AM kickoffs were huge killers for a guy with a hangover.

We'd head to campus and the stadium a few hours before kickoff and just be around all of the people and take in the excitement.

After the game, we'd celebrate the victory (only one loss at home during my tenure) and drink the night away.

I really, really miss being in Lincoln. There is nothing like it.

My favorite thing about being in Lincoln on gameday is the people. Where I come from you rarely run into anyone that has the same pasion for Husker football as I have. It is very hard to go to a sports bar around here and watch a game without getting ripped by a drunk OU fan. When we go to Lincoln I get a great feeling of belonging. It makes up for all the negativity from the Stoops brigade down here.The sea of red gives me goosebumps. All my peeps! :cheers

Well this was back in the good old days when we played for the big one every year, but our college day started out like this: 9 AM (c'mon we were college students) eating everclear jellow. 11 AM started walking to crawling or however we could get there to the stadium with flasks in hand. Between 12-1, meeting up with the rest of the posse at Abel Sandoz. By halftime, the game was well in hand. After the first two series, we were off to Duffy's to discuss just how damn good we really were. By 7 PM, we were pretty much hammered and ready for a nap. By 11 PM, we were all ready to go again after watching some highlights on ESPN!