Does NU ever get a break, while the opponent got the screw job?

CornBall

This whole Texas thing made me think...does NU only get the shaft on calls, or have we been the beneficiary of some, too?

The one that comes to mind for me was the "kick" that Matt Davison caught at Mizzoo. Come to find out, a purposeful tip of the ball with the foot turned out to be illegal, if the player "meant" to do it. I remember Larry Smith of Mizzoo just shaking his head at the "no call" on the play. He later expressed something to the effect of "Nebraska gets the benefit of every call."

Of course, we all took the win and went on and won the national championship, no questions asked.

But did our player "intend" to kick it? Of course he meant to kick it.

I'm not intending to start a flame war here, just curious though: What instances do you recall where NU clearly got away with one?

:facepalm:

kiss mine.

This from the person chiding me on "pleasantries" in another thread. How hypocritical. :clap

Just returning the favor...

By behaving in a manner far worse than 90% of the Husker fans you're whining about in your other thread.

As long as you're not bothered by your own hypocrisy, and don't mind putting it on full display, it makes for some marginal entertainment for the rest of us.

I say knock yourself out. You're doing a wonderful job representing the "right way" of behaving on a message board. :thumbs

:facepalm:

kiss mine.

This from the person chiding me on "pleasantries" in another thread. How hypocritical. :clap

Just returning the favor...

By behaving in a manner far worse than 90% of the Husker fans you're whining about in your other thread.

As long as you're not bothered by your own hypocrisy, and don't mind putting it on full display, it makes for some marginal entertainment for the rest of us.

I say knock yourself out. You're doing a wonderful job representing the "right way" of behaving on a message board. :thumbs

I just thank you for being above it all. What would this board be without a tireless defender of the noble such as you? I mean morning, noon, and night, you are there, ready to insert the most expressive facial expression for the moment.

thank you. Just thank you. And keep up the good work. I need someone like you in my life.

I just thank you for being above it all. What would this board be without a tireless defender of the noble such as you? I mean morning, noon, and night, you are there, ready to insert the most expressive facial expression for the moment.

thank you. Just thank you. And keep up the good work. I need someone like you in my life.

Don't mention it.

Don't mention it.

and now back to the topic, which you so deftly ruled irrelevant but the rest of us plebes might enjoy...

This whole Texas thing made me think...does NU only get the shaft on calls, or have we been the beneficiary of some, too?

The one that comes to mind for me was the "kick" that Matt Davison caught at Mizzoo. Come to find out, a purposeful tip of the ball with the foot turned out to be illegal, if the player "meant" to do it. I remember Larry Smith of Mizzoo just shaking his head at the "no call" on the play. He later expressed something to the effect of "Nebraska gets the benefit of every call."

Of course, we all took the win and went on and won the national championship, no questions asked.

But did our player "intend" to kick it? Of course he meant to kick it.

I'm not intending to start a flame war here, just curious though: What instances do you recall where NU clearly got away with one?

I'm not noble, i'm a douchebag, so i'm gonna break this down real quick...

Half of these "screw job penalties" break down to one thing.

Lack of discipline.

If Hagg turns around to play the ball instead of staring at the opposing WR, then most of those pass interferences probably don't get called.

All those false starts equal lack of discipline.

Why do you think Bo gets soooo pissed off??? Because he's buying a ticket to pity town, because the zebra's are picking on him?? Hell no, he's pissed because self inflicted penalties are one of the achilles heel of this team. Albeit, it's been better twords the end of the season, but in the beginning, it was pretty brutal.

If you're going to whine about this, then stop watching sports all together, because things like this are part of the game.

If you're going to whine about this, then stop watching sports all together, because things like this are part of the game.

I think what he's saying is, Nebraska Fan is the only fan in the country who thinks we get screwed.

Apparently he doesn't go to any other team's message boards, and/or lives on a deserted isle and Huskerboard is the only site the computer he cobbled together out of oyster shells and barnacles can access.

I think what he's saying is, Nebraska Fan is the only fan in the country who thinks we get screwed.

Apparently he doesn't go to any other team's message boards, and/or lives on a deserted isle and Huskerboard is the only site the computer he cobbled together out of oyster shells and barnacles can access.

Thank for you for attempting to speak on my behalf, but I am perfectly capable of doing so myself...

All this thread is about is close calls that went our way. Must you hijack it?

Nope, what i'm saying is, everyone gets screwed.

Thank for you for attempting to speak on my behalf, but I am perfectly capable of doing so myself...

All this thread is about is close calls that went our way. Must you hijack it?

Do calls go our way that shouldn't? Of course, on a game-by-game basis. It's like asking if there's holding that doesn't get called in a game. Every game, both teams get away with holding, in both college and the NFL. Every game the Huskers play there are calls that should go against us but don't. Not remembering specifically which game, but there was even a play that was reviewed and still went our way, that I thought shouldn't. It happens.

What kind of groundbreaking discussion are you looking for? And further, show me links to message boards from ten teams across college football's landscape where they have frequent discussions on how they "got away with" penalties in games. It doesn't happen.

Once again, you're decrying this fan base for being human, then getting all full of angst when people don't take the topic seriously. Sorry. :dunno