Three commits is all we need!

Pretty sure Bo wants another Safety in this class, and I am betting he gets Cooper. On top of that I would like to see 1-2 WR's for sure. If they can get the QB away from South Florida and OO, then I think you make room for them. That would mean 4 more recruits at a minimum putting the total to 21. With only 15 total spots officially available, it will be interesting to see what Bo and Co do. I could see Cotton and maybe Evans being asked to Grey Shirt, but they still need to make spots for 4 players. Are there 4 players on the team that won't be here next year? Maybe Quentin and Collins? Who else?

counting the unfortunate booting of chris williams, i count 16 spots currently available for next year under the 85 scholarship limit. given that thenarse and burkes are questionable at best to be playing next season, that is potentially another two spots there. also, it is very likely that 2-4 additional departures will occur between now and summer, as they happen every year.

14 Seniors plus Williams makes 15? Burkes isn't currently on the roster, but all signs point to him being on the team next season though I heard they may not have to count him against the 85 due to medical exceptions? I don't know about all of that and I won't count on Burkes until Fall Camp starts and he is practicing. The staff seems 100% confident in Thenarse getting an extra year from the NCAA so that actually would make only 13 departing Seniors and Williams spot so 14 current spots. I just think it will be interesting getting the 17 current commits to fit on the roster yet alone another 1-3.

if burkes plays, he counts against the 85. i would be surprised (and really happy) if he plays though. thenarse should have no problem with the extra year, but will he be physically ready? seems like it usually takes 18 or 20 months for a kid to truly come back from a serious knee injury.

as to the numbers, i'm counting the following coming back on scholarship:

5 QBs

6 IBs (though i'd be surprised if at least one of them didn't walk)

1 FB

8 WRs

6 TEs

13 OL (including burkes, not including toiloa)

2 K

4 RE

6 DT (including pensick)

5 LB (not including williams)

7 CB

5 S (including hagg and thenarse)

that makes 68, leaving 17 spots currently open. if, as i expect, burkes and thenarse go on medical ship, that puts us at 19. just going on what's happened in the past, we'll probably see another 2-4 leave, then maybe we'll see 1-2 ships go to walk-ons

Pretty sure Bo wants another Safety in this class, and I am betting he gets Cooper. On top of that I would like to see 1-2 WR's for sure. If they can get the QB away from South Florida and OO, then I think you make room for them. That would mean 4 more recruits at a minimum putting the total to 21. With only 15 total spots officially available, it will be interesting to see what Bo and Co do. I could see Cotton and maybe Evans being asked to Grey Shirt, but they still need to make spots for 4 players. Are there 4 players on the team that won't be here next year? Maybe Quentin and Collins? Who else?

counting the unfortunate booting of chris williams, i count 16 spots currently available for next year under the 85 scholarship limit. given that thenarse and burkes are questionable at best to be playing next season, that is potentially another two spots there. also, it is very likely that 2-4 additional departures will occur between now and summer, as they happen every year.

14 Seniors plus Williams makes 15? Burkes isn't currently on the roster, but all signs point to him being on the team next season though I heard they may not have to count him against the 85 due to medical exceptions? I don't know about all of that and I won't count on Burkes until Fall Camp starts and he is practicing. The staff seems 100% confident in Thenarse getting an extra year from the NCAA so that actually would make only 13 departing Seniors and Williams spot so 14 current spots. I just think it will be interesting getting the 17 current commits to fit on the roster yet alone another 1-3.

if burkes plays, he counts against the 85. i would be surprised (and really happy) if he plays though. thenarse should have no problem with the extra year, but will he be physically ready? seems like it usually takes 18 or 20 months for a kid to truly come back from a serious knee injury.

5 QBs

1 FB

8 WRs

6 TEs

2 K

4 RE

6 DT (including pensick)

7 CB

that makes 68, leaving 17 spots currently open. if, as i expect, burkes and thenarse go on medical ship, that puts us at 19. just going on what's happened in the past, we'll probably see another 2-4 leave, then maybe we'll see 1-2 ships go to walk-ons

If Ricky gets a medical hardship exemption to play 1 more year, does that count against the 85 limit? I also noticed that Toailoa is still on the roster but wasn't on the bowl traveling team roster? Don't they usually take almost all of the team? Some boards have reported that he has left the team. It seems like a safe bet that he is off the team.

5 QBs

1 FB

8 WRs

6 TEs

2 K

4 RE

6 DT (including pensick)

7 CB

I missed Ben Martin in mine originally, I also don't think Javarrio is going to be back.

I haven't heard a peep about Cruz Barrett, not sure if he'll be back (he didn't even make the fall 119 this year).

I could see a current OL, DT, WR, RB and maybe DB not on the roster come next year. No specifics, just in looking at depth, previous PT and who we're recruiting, I could see it.

If Ricky gets a medical hardship exemption to play 1 more year, does that count against the 85 limit? I also noticed that Toailoa is still on the roster but wasn't on the bowl traveling team roster? Don't they usually take almost all of the team? Some boards have reported that he has left the team. It seems like a safe bet that he is off the team.

Yes, it would count. Chris Williams is also on the roster currently, so they haven't updated it. QT wasn't on the fall 119 either, so take it for what it's worth. I would love to see the bowl roster, I know the athletic department is trying to cut costs for the trip (bus vs plane), I doubt many non-contributors make the trip.

Yes, it would count. Chris Williams is also on the roster currently, so they haven't updated it. QT wasn't on the fall 119 either, so take it for what it's worth. I would love to see the bowl roster, I know the athletic department is trying to cut costs for the trip (bus vs plane), I doubt many non-contributors make the trip.

The bus is for the band I think. The team is still flying there.

Yeah, that's what I meant, thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, that's what I meant, thanks for clarifying.

No biggie, thanks for pointing out Williams still being on the roster. I hadn't noticed that, explains why Quentin is on there then.