2010-11 Predictions

I remember the announcers say something like, "don't be surprised if Nebraska is in top 10 Preseason Polls next year." I don't really like preseason polls very much, but they can be important with a weaker schedule next year. Got me thinking about next year looking at the schedule and the possibilities that we're all excited about. Anyway... I'd like to read your predictions next year. Where are we ranked in preseason polls? Win/Loss (score) predictions? Where do we end up?

Here's mine... Still riding on cloud 9 from what I saw in the Big 12 Championship and the Holiday Bowl... Along with Bo declaring we will be better on Defense next year...

Preseason Rank: 14

9/4 VS Western Kentucky... Win (Gimme)

9/11 VS Idaho... Win (Gimme)

9/18 AT Washington... Win (name someone else on the team other than Jake Locker)

9/25 VS South Dakota State... Win (Gimme)

10/2 AT Kansas State... Win (Don't think there's much to fear especially losing Brandon Banks)

10/16 VS Texas... Win (losing McCoy and Shipley)

10/23 AT Oklahoma State... Win (Even losing key players I think our most difficult game next year)

10/30 VS Missouri... Win... (Improved team, but think Nebraska made much larger strides 09)

11/6 AT Iowa State... Win... (Won't be able to benefit from turnovers again)

11/13 VS Kansas... Win... (Think Gill is good for KU, but still growing pains)

11/20 AT Texas A&M... Win... (Could be another tough game, but I see NU with the edge)

11/26 VS Colorado... Win... (Always Play us tough, but another W for NU)

Big 12 Championship: VS Oklahoma... Win (Oklahoma will benefit from South Division Graduates and a year under Landry's belt to make it to game, but Nebraska too much with the #! Defense in the country and an average offense to go with it.

BCS Championship: VS Alabama...I'm not sure... But sure will be fun to watch... Since I've made all coolaid picks I'll say NU Wins National Title #6.

I honestly see every game as winnable and Bo obviously has the players believing. What do you all think?

I remember the announcers say something like, "don't be surprised if Nebraska is in top 10 Preseason Polls next year." I don't really like preseason polls very much, but they can be important with a weaker schedule next year. Got me thinking about next year looking at the schedule and the possibilities that we're all excited about. Anyway... I'd like to read your predictions next year. Where are we ranked in preseason polls? Win/Loss (score) predictions? Where do we end up?

Here's mine... Still riding on cloud 9 from what I saw in the Big 12 Championship and the Holiday Bowl... Along with Bo declaring we will be better on Defense next year...

Preseason Rank: 14

9/4 VS Western Kentucky... Win (Gimme)

9/11 VS Idaho... Win (Gimme)

9/18 AT Washington... Win (name someone else on the team other than Jake Locker)

9/25 VS South Dakota State... Win (Gimme)

10/2 AT Kansas State... Win (Don't think there's much to fear especially losing Brandon Banks)

10/16 VS Texas... Win (losing McCoy and Shipley)

10/23 AT Oklahoma State... Win (Even losing key players I think our most difficult game next year)

10/30 VS Missouri... Win... (Improved team, but think Nebraska made much larger strides 09)

11/6 AT Iowa State... Win... (Won't be able to benefit from turnovers again)

11/13 VS Kansas... Win... (Think Gill is good for KU, but still growing pains)

11/20 AT Texas A&M... Win... (Could be another tough game, but I see NU with the edge)

11/26 VS Colorado... Win... (Always Play us tough, but another W for NU)

Big 12 Championship: VS Oklahoma... Win (Oklahoma will benefit from South Division Graduates and a year under Landry's belt to make it to game, but Nebraska too much with the #! Defense in the country and an average offense to go with it.

BCS Championship: VS Alabama...I'm not sure... But sure will be fun to watch... Since I've made all coolaid picks I'll say NU Wins National Title #6.

I honestly see every game as winnable and Bo obviously has the players believing. What do you all think?

:koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

Man I hope you are right

i agree ^....i dont see us losing unless we beat ourselves. with a d like this year, adn even a lil better offense then this year...i dont see us losing. ORDER RESTORED!!! 2010 is a whole new decade, time for NE to make that run again!

Definately all :koolaid2: aside I agree that Nebraska will have to lose any of the games on their schedule by beating themselves. I'm so excited for next season with what Bo's saying about our Defense for next year and seeing an offense in the Holiday Bowl. It reminded me of the movie Happy Gilmore when Happy finally learns how to putt. "Uh Oh, Happy learned how to Putt" - Happy Gilmore... (Something like that) and seeing NU with an offense I was thinking... "Uh oh, Nebraska found an offense." AZ even had that shocked look on their faces kinda like Shooter McGavin's in Happy Gilmore.

The beauty of playing in the Big XII is that any team plays a schedule every year that will win them a national championship if they win out. It is always up to the team, they always control their destiny, no matter what their preseason ranking.

That said, I cannot ever remember looking so forward to next season like I am right now....ever. My only concern is our quarterback. Zac Lee has to improve and Cody Greene didn't impress me enough to make me think he will unseat Zac.