QB Cody Fajardo

schuhbdoo

Yeah, we lost Fajardo... when the coaches called him and told him not to come visit, he gave up on us. He's probably a little ticked we led him on this whole time, plus he knows he can start and play a lot at Nevada as one of their top recruits, where here he'd have to fight for respect.

Coaches can't contact him, he's not gonna contact us. He's Nevada's.

I dont think 'lost' is the correct term, because to lose something, you had to have it in the first place and I don't think we ever had his full attention, especially since it seemed like we were talking to him late in the game.

I don't believe in looking desperate.

That's what some of you are asking the coaching staff to be is desperate to find a QB this year. We don't need a QB this year, we have Jamal Turner committed next year and Marsh as a greyshirt, were going to be fine.

Really don't believe in this but we may have no choice.

Who's the 2011 starter going to be?

Is Green (a project) going to morph into a starting caliber QB by then? Anyone's guess because he's got a LONG, LONG ways to go, 4 star recruit or not. Is Spano going to ever recover from the injury and develop more? Or are we going to turn to a true freshman who is a project as well? I'm not going to count Marsh or Taylor because they would be huge surprises at this point, to even be playing the position by then. Basically, it doesn't look too good right now, and having another potential option in the mix like Cody would be a significant boost to our chances of finding a guy, or a good backup

That's what some of you are asking the coaching staff to be is desperate to find a QB this year. We don't need a QB this year, we have Jamal Turner committed next year and Marsh as a greyshirt, were going to be fine.

Is Green (a project) going to morph into a starting caliber QB by then? Anyone's guess because he's got a LONG, LONG ways to go, 4 star recruit or not. Is Spano going to ever recover from the injury and develop more? Or are we going to turn to a true freshman who is a project as well? I'm not going to count Marsh or Taylor because they would be huge surprises at this point, to even be playing the position by then. Basically, it doesn't look too good right now, and having another potential option in the mix like Cody would be a significant boost to our chances of finding a guy, or a good backup

I'm going to take Green's offensive struggles this year w/ a grain of salt. The entire offense struggled throughout the season, so relative to everyone else he was on par and there are some talented players on that team. Helu looked downright pathetic in a couple of games this year. Freshman making an impact is not unheard of but rare, and usually when it happens they are put in a much better position to succceed than we put Cody in this year. I will absolutely save my judgement on the kid until after next year. Get him into a consistent system, where the paybook and philosophy isn't changing week to week, the offensive line holds up and the ground game can be relied on and he might be a completely different QB. Lee looked pretty good when the offense was clicking against AZ, but just as bad in games where it wasn't clicking. I don't like that everyone has already written Cody off as a bust already. He hasn't even really been coached yet. Let the staff do it's thing first.

• Fire 1

I'm going to take Green's offensive struggles this year w/ a grain of salt. The entire offense struggled throughout the season, so relative to everyone else he was on par and there are some talented players on that team. Helu looked downright pathetic in a couple of games this year. Freshman making an impact is not unheard of but rare, and usually when it happens they are put in a much better position to succceed than we put Cody in this year. I will absolutely save my judgement on the kid until after next year. Get him into a consistent system, where the paybook and philosophy isn't changing week to week, the offensive line holds up and the ground game can be relied on and he might be a completely different QB. Lee looked pretty good when the offense was clicking against AZ, but just as bad in games where it wasn't clicking. I don't like that everyone has already written Cody off as a bust already. He hasn't even really been coached yet. Let the staff do it's thing first.

There is somewhat of a difference between Lee struggling despite being a talented passer, and Green showing that he has a long way to go. I do take his freshman year performance with a grain of salt: he was unfairly thrown into the fire, and is just a true freshman. But that said, he's a true freshman with a long, long, long way to go in terms of development, and he was not "on par" at all. If he had been a mid 3-star, people would probably not be just assuming he'll progress every year in leaps and bounds, get the offense down, and evolve into a spectacular pass-run threat. The only reason people suspect that, I think, is his 4-star touted status coming out of HS.

I'm not making a judgment either way or the other though: just that with Cody, we do not know what we're going to get at this point. I'm not writing him off as a bust, but I am pointing that we've got nobody we can count on right now to be our 2011 starter. That's why I will disagree heavily with people saying we don't need a QB this class, as if we've got guys lined up and waiting in the wings. We don't. We might discover them later, but right now, 2011 is looking real, real shaky at the most important position on the offense.

There is somewhat of a difference between Lee struggling despite being a talented passer, and Green showing that he has a long way to go. I do take his freshman year performance with a grain of salt: he was unfairly thrown into the fire, and is just a true freshman. But that said, he's a true freshman with a long, long, long way to go in terms of development, and he was not "on par" at all. If he had been a mid 3-star, people would probably not be just assuming he'll progress every year in leaps and bounds, get the offense down, and evolve into a spectacular pass-run threat. The only reason people suspect that, I think, is his 4-star touted status coming out of HS.

I'm not making a judgment either way or the other though: just that with Cody, we do not know what we're going to get at this point. I'm not writing him off as a bust, but I am pointing that we've got nobody we can count on right now to be our 2011 starter. That's why I will disagree heavily with people saying we don't need a QB this class, as if we've got guys lined up and waiting in the wings. We don't. We might discover them later, but right now, 2011 is looking real, real shaky at the most important position on the offense.

I respect that, but if we are looking for our 2011 guy, then we are obviously looking for someone that excedes the tallent, maturity, potential and intelligence of the QBs we have on the roster currently, because each would be competing for that same spot in 2011. I'm guessing that those left out there (Fajardo included) probably can't excede the current quality of QB's on our roster (or have the potential to do so), so why take one? If the coaches have evaluated the remained targets, and determined that it is not likely they would be able to beat out Martinez, Spano, Green and Kellogg then taking a QB just for the sake of having one in the class is not helping the situation one bit. Depth, in my opinion is not a problem right now. Quality depth perhaps...but having another freshman on the roster will not help that, and in 2011 depth won't be an issue either because we will have the same 4 guys we have now...and each will have another year under them. The quality of depth at that point, as well as the competition for that starting spot will be unlike anything we've had at NU in a long time.

Well, it's not - it's just that nobody's left "out there" anymore. We wanted to get Cody or Brion, and we struck out on both because we thought we had Brion, told Cody that and lost him, and then ended up not getting Brion. Supposedly coaches loved both these guys, and maybe they do step in above some current guys on the roster if we get them.

Well, it's not - it's just that nobody's left "out there" anymore. We wanted to get Cody or Brion, and we struck out on both because we thought we had Brion, told Cody that and lost him, and then ended up not getting Brion. Supposedly coaches loved both these guys, and maybe they do step in above some current guys on the roster if we get them.

Yeah. I know these coaches are being very respectful of the recruits and their future...but it's obvious they should have pushed Brion harder. I see NO reason why they should have told Fajardo not to come. Except, that the "entire" staff wasn't on board. If they liked him so much they should would offered him and seen which committed first. I'm starting to think maybe the "entire" staff wasn't as on board with Cody as we have been led to believe. Cody didn't have to rush to secure that spot at Nevada. He could still be uncommitted and on his way to Lincoln, but he's not...which leads me to believe we teased him a little bit, but never put on the full court press. Some of this could have been because they thought Brion was "silently committed" but with this staff and the way they treat recruits who take additional visits (which Carnes still was doing) then I see no reason why they wouldn't have been still pursuing Cody if they all really wanted him.

Yeah. I know these coaches are being very respectful of the recruits and their future...but it's obvious they should have pushed Brion harder. I see NO reason why they should have told Fajardo not to come. Except, that the "entire" staff wasn't on board. If they liked him so much they should would offered him and seen which committed first. I'm starting to think maybe the "entire" staff wasn't as on board with Cody as we have been led to believe. Cody didn't have to rush to secure that spot at Nevada. He could still be uncommitted and on his way to Lincoln, but he's not...which leads me to believe we teased him a little bit, but never put on the full court press. Some of this could have been because they thought Brion was "silently committed" but with this staff and the way they treat recruits who take additional visits (which Carnes still was doing) then I see no reason why they wouldn't have been still pursuing Cody if they all really wanted him.

Let me See nevada or Nebraska. Which one would you like to play for. If he did not sign why not call him tonight
  • Fire 1

Let me See nevada or Nebraska. Which one would you like to play for. If he did not sign why not call him tonight

I looked up the rules on Dead Period and this is what it says.

Dead Period:

The college coach may not have any in-person contact with you or your parents at any time in the dead period. The coach may write and telephone you or your parents during this time.

Edit: I posted that no contact could be made. That was incorrect per these rules.

Apparently NU offered Fajardo, but we were too late. Fajardo sticks with Nevada, turns down Nebraska.

Bravo to the kid. We shunned him, then came crawling back, but he tells us to buzz off. Cannot blame him in the least.

Going to play under a great offensive coach there, if he stays during Fajardo's time there. Klenakis is probably one of the best and most underrated offensive coaches in the country.