Texas

Explanation from Colt has merit. Gracious in defeat. In pain from not playing.

Great college game, I think the better team lost, but not everything goes as it should.

Congratulations to Alabama, they earned it.

The better team lost???? :wtf what game did you watch????

+

When your best player is injured in the first 5 minutes and that player happens to touch the ball every offensive play, that influences the game. I think with McCoy they would have won. I think that was his point.

Well Ingram was hurt for awhile too...what if he was healthy the whole game??? Maybe Bama would have scored even more points? See I can play the what if game too.

Great college game, I think the better team lost, but not everything goes as it should.

+

When your best player is injured in the first 5 minutes and that player happens to touch the ball every offensive play, that influences the game. I think with McCoy they would have won. I think that was his point.

Well Ingram was hurt for awhile too...what if he was healthy the whole game??? Maybe Bama would have scored even more points? See I can play the what if game too.

Yep you got it. The dropoff from Ingam to Richardson was definitely the same impact as McCoy to Gilbert.

+

Amazing, but you have set the new record for ignore...would you like to thank anybody??

+

Amazing, but you have set the new record for ignore...would you like to thank anybody??

That was quick! :lol:

+

What I can't voice my opinion there Deed??

wow gilbert is looking good now. still can't throw a spiral though

Well I gotta say I would have never guessed we could put some fear in the Bama folks until 2 minutes were left in the game. Yep, if Williams catches that very catchable pass in the endzone in the first half it would have even been more interesting. Still, this is one of those times you realize how important it is to have a reliable running game and we never had that this year. Gotta say our defense played well when they needed to in the 2nd half until they were put in an untenable position..and our O line was much better than against you guys..............as to McCoy being able to come back, he had no reason to take a risk like Bradford did. As much as I hate losing to the Sooners, I hated to see the way Bradford went down in our game against them. I think it showed he wasn't really ready to come back. I hope he gets his due in the NFL because while Stoops, Mack Brown and all the coaches make insane money, the kids have no guarantee. Do I wish we could have Colt, sure but he ain't gettin paid like Brett Farve to play hurt. Maybe Mack should have said he'd give him that big pay raise he just got to go back in. I think his raise was a bit premature............Okay, any more want to pile on I will be back later, bring it on!

All I can say the coaching on both sides was questionable. Alabama on special teams was pathetic, and for Brown to call a time out with 15 seconds left so his freshman qb can throw a shovel pass is beyond me.

Colt said he would have given anything to play in this game other then his chance at the NFL. I'm betting that was more his dads call then his though in all fairness. Can't lose your meal ticket for a college game. <_<

I will say thanks for Texas making Nebraska look a lot better by scoring that many points on Alabama.

+

Yep you got it. The dropoff from Ingam to Richardson was definitely the same impact as McCoy to Gilbert.

That doesn't make Texas the better team in that game...keep in mind they still settled for FG's with McCoy. Bama won by multiple touchdowns...sorry they were the better team.

Texas actually put up more yards than Bama, and Bama was only 2 of 12 on 3rd down. Texas did pretty well with a freshman QB for almost the entire game.

The Freshman looked better than Colt McCoy performed against us!

Just think; had we sacked Colt 10 times and not just nine, TU wouldn't even be in the game!

RiverRunner

Don't Mess with Nebraska.

Why can't we all hate the SEC together???

They are who piss me off.

I'm with you on this. I first wanted Texas to lose in a close one, but as the game wore on I just couldn't bare to see the SEC win again. I hope somebody steps up, because Bama is going to be good next year.

McCoy going out and Gilbert not being ready for prime time is having a huge effect on this game. Texas came out rocking those Bama guys all over the place. It's all come undone now...

You don't like teams making excuses, but boy...that was tough.

I mean you take any team in the NFL playoffs and say their starting QB goes down. I mean, let's say New England loses Tom Brady against the Ravens on Sunday and Brian Hoyer has to come in and lead the team. What the heck are they supposed to do?

Texas playing well makes us look good and the Big 12 look good therefore I am rooting 100% for TU tonight. Disappointing that McCoy is out . TU was all over Bama to begin with. clearly TU(O and D) is freaked with McCoy out.

I want TU to win as well for the conference, that is why I'm so pissed. But how does McCoy being out get your defensive line owned by Alabama? Ingram is going to have 200 yds rushing if this keeps up (he already has 90) and that other guy will have 100.

It's all in the momentum swings. Texas was high flying and owning everything - then I think their spirits got a big jolt, and not in a good way.

I get the whole "who cares if the starter is out, send in the next guy." And teams that can do that, are very commendable. But it also depends on what position. And at the QB position, that's unique. An all-world impact player at QB that the team rallies around go down, you cannot fault a team in any way for having a drop-off to the next guy.