Beck

kramer

94/95,

I do not think he will redshirt under any circumstance other than injury. It will do him no good running the scout team. He will get reps through the year and if he is as good as advertised he will be gone before his senior year anyway.

I think he and Ganz play this year. I look to see both in the Maine game if we pull away early. I doubt either will see much time after the Maine game until Baylor.

Beck will no redshirt and will be #2 before too long

My goodness. He is a freshman with one week of practice. It even took Zac all spring to get his head on straight, Beck will look 100% better by the end of fall camp. His skills out way Ganz he in turn will beat out Ganz.

I hope to see Beck towards the end of the Maine game. :thumbs

I do not think he will redshirt under any circumstance other than injury. It will do him no good running the scout team.

It didn't hurt Leinert(sp) to redshirt. If we don't need him why not redshirt him. If Taylor does as good as he has been Beck probably won't start next year either. That would be two years wasted. We'll see though Taylor could struggle and Beck could be starting by the halfway point.(I hope not though)

Exactly.

You redshirt when you have the talent to do it. Currently we do not have that talent. This staff honestly could care less about redshirts. We need who ever can play on the field. If Harrison is as good as we think he is, he will be gone and another elite 11 will be signing the agreement. Keep the young playing and opening the doors. The more that play the more they will come.

Leinart was following a Heisman trophy player on a NC team. We are not there yet. But I hope we are by the end of the year.

Exactly.

You redshirt when you have the talent to do it.  Currently we do not have that  talent.  This staff honestly could care less about redshirts.  We need who ever can play on the field.  If Harrison is as good as we think he is, he will be gone and another elite 11 will be signing the agreement.  Keep the young playing and opening the doors.  The more that play the more they  will come. 

Leinart was following a Heisman trophy player on a NC team.  We are not there yet.  But I hope we are by the end of the year.

Haha we finally agree on something :rollin

Yep we lack depth/talent at QB currently (to redshirt) but it is coming and soon the mug will be half full :cheers

So if Taylor and Ganz beat him out this year you guys still wouldn't redshirt him? If one of them gets hurt you can always pull him out of it.(OU last year pulled two players just for the last two games) If he is as good as people think wouldn't you want as many years out of him as we can get?

For the record USC didn't win a NC with Palmer. When Leinert took a redshirt Palmer was still considered a bust.

IMO if Beck starts this year it'll be because ZT struggled mightily or got hurt. Either way though, I've got to give a not to BC for having the foresight to get Taylor in here when he realized how badly we needed someone who would be ready to take the reins and lead from the very start of fall camp. Great job by BC on this one....so far.

I agree also,

But I also think Taylor is a better deal than what they expected. We will see how it turns out down the road, but it appears he has the tools to do the job and the maturity that this team needs now. Harrison I am sure has the tools, but not the maturity under fire. Taylor will get that this fall. If he does the job as well as indicated from reports from practice, I think he will start for the whole year.

Having him redshirt only does one thing. Keeps him off the field for the year. He will not learn on the scout team, and if he is good enough he will be gone in two years either way.

If he is not as good as Gantz by the end of the fall practice, I doubt he will pass him during the year. If that is the case, he is not as good as advertized so there for you lose nothing anyway. You already have another elite 11 QB in the system, keep em coming.

From what I just heard the main problem is Beck isn't getting enough snaps. I posted above that Taylor was recieving 60% of the snaps in practice, well I was a little off.

Taylor is recieving 75% of the snaps.

There is no way in heck barring an injury that Beck sees anything other than a backup roll ( this comment is for those who think Beck will start) provided he can beat out Ganz and or Beau Davis. And right now he's not even coming close to pulling away from Beau Davis much less making ground on Ganz.

I'm not saying that Beck won't pull even with Ganz, but time and snaps are not on Beck side right now.