Rivals.com top 25

Apathy

I feel confident that Bo will keep these guys grounded.

I have a good amount of confidence in this, too. What I worry about is the fanbase not being grounded, which can in turn have a negative effect when our unrealistic expectations aren't met.

When has the fanbase ever been grounded in reality? Just look at the unrealistic expectations for our offense this season. By the moaning and groaning, you'd think Watson had never had a successful offense, even though we'd been top 25 the previous year. And then later in the season fans just expected the defense to dominate every team, which they mostly did, but the expectation for them to do it every week was pretty unrealistic.

i'm not too convinced that carroll was a great coach. he was a great recruiter and with all that talent i expected more from that team every season. i don't think they'll drop off next year just because all the talent will still be there, and heck.. maybe a better coach. yeah USC had a down year this year. but Barkley will be very good and they'll be back in the top 10. maybe #5 is a bit of a reach. i also think Oklahoma should be ranked ahead of Texas. i'd put Oklahoma at #8

Appears that that might have been the issue. After losing all of those assistants it finally caught up. FSU has had lots of talent too.

I think he is a great head coach and recruiter, but I don't believe he's a great play-caller... He has all the qualities of a great head coach: recruiting, charisma, leadership, can put together a great staff... All the problems USC had this year and he still posted a winning record and a bowl win...