Would you sacrifice the sellout streak for more things to do around Lincoln and Omaha???

Try living in Des Moines for a while...your fantasy would be finally getting to move to the big metropolis of Omaha/Lincoln.

Des Moines is the Cozad of Iowa.... <_<

Cy..

Still wantin' to know why all the Cozad hate?

I hate it too, ...just because I lost the feeling in my toes after playing on their frozen turf my Jr, year.

No matter what other events or activities that you could imagine that showed up in Nebraska would ever threaten the sellout streak. :bang

Husker games are to much a part of the way of life. Hell I live a thousand miles away and still have no desire to miss a Husker game, and always jump at a chance to attend a game. I am sure the waiting list for season tickets is still miles long!!

To quickly answer the topic question: Hell no.

I've lived in a lot of very different places: Florida, Rhode Island, Washington State, and Nebraska while residing stateside. Then there's the combined seven years spent living in Iceland and Japan. I've been in Nebraska for quite a while after moving here from Japan and, quite honestly, it's the first place I've ever considered to be "home", as cheesy as that sounds. For one, it's affordable: try living just outside Tokyo and Yokohama for three-and-a-half years and see what that does to your budget. Iceland was the same story affordability-wise---and talk about a place that's really in the middle of nowhere with practically nothing to do. There's only so many times you can go view the falls and the hot springs. And good luck affording a Friday night outing in Reykjavik. Not happening.

In NE you get a great house, great neighbors, the option to eat-out whenever the heck you'd like, the flexibility to splurge on your vacations (or even TAKE vacations!), some world-class attractions (I've been to countless int'l zoos--very few are even in the same league as the Henry Doorly), good public schools, etc. I'm never at a loss to find things to do in Omaha. One of my favorite outings is an evening in the Old Market followed by a show or UNO Hockey at the Qwest, or a concert at the Holland. Then there's always the CWS in the summers, a week that geeks-out any baseball fan.

Two of our neighboring families are retired active duty. One family is originally from Florida; their original plan was to finish up his 20 years then retire and move back to FL. However, they all love it here so much that they're making Nebraska their permanent residence. A big reason was the fact their special needs daughter made more progress with the public school's special education program than anyone thought possible. Their past experiences in SPED programs around the country were horrific.

The other family are all native Hawaiians. Yet they retired here and opened a contracting business, and now are working on getting a vineyard started in Glenwood, IA. Don't tell me they could've done all of that in Hawaii.

Try living in Des Moines for a while...your fantasy would be finally getting to move to the big metropolis of Omaha/Lincoln.

Cy..

I hate it too, ...just because I lost the feeling in my toes after playing on their frozen turf my Jr, year.

Long ago...in a galaxy far, far away...bunch of hayseeds in a Cozad saloon picked a fight with Cy. Because Cy was a bit inebriated and there were six of them (or maybe just three...as I said, Cy was a bit inebriated), Cy not only managed to get his ass kicked but also to leave one of his teeth on the sidewalk in front of the bar after I tripped over one of the horses they had tied up out front. Cy wouldn't have lost that fight except they all jumped me from behind when I wasn't looking...and used automatic weapons...and one of those girls was pretty big...

Probably not a reason to carry a grudge against an entire town...but it did smell funny there.

Cy..

Long ago...in a galaxy far, far away...bunch of hayseeds in a Cozad saloon picked a fight with Cy. Because Cy was a bit inebriated and there were six of them (or maybe just three...as I said, Cy was a bit inebriated), Cy not only managed to get his ass kicked but also to leave one of his teeth on the sidewalk in front of the bar after I tripped over one of the horses they had tied up out front. Cy wouldn't have lost that fight except they all jumped me from behind when I wasn't looking...and used automatic weapons...and one of those girls was pretty big...

Probably not a reason to carry a grudge against an entire town...but it did smell funny there.

That was you?

I think I still have your tooth somewhere.

I almost forgot about that smell (lynyrd skynyrd)

I think it was from everyone there smoking alfalfa :dunno

The same thing happened to one of my older Brothers at Johnson Lake when he was a Sr. in HS..Except we think it was a gang? from Lexington...My Brother still can't breath out of his left nostril 38 years later.