Huskerboard Starting Lineup 2010

knapplc

Well, that's all she wrote. It's been a long month of nominations and voting. I only messed up the schedule twice, which isn't bad for a rookie running this, I suppose.

Our final positions ended their voting run today. Dundermifflinite blew out the vote to become the HuskerBoard Towel Boy, while hack was voted in as our Equipment Manager.

The last two positions to be filled in were Athletic Director and Director of Football Operations. Eric the Red is clearly our AD. He is the captain of the ship, the leader of the band. Without Eric there is no HuskerBoard, making this one a complete no-brainer. So thanks Mr. the Red for all you do.

Last but certainly not least AR Husker Fan is our Director of Football Operations. For the longest time AR was the face of HuskerBoard to me - now I can't listen to the White Album without thinking of HuskerBoard. When I first joined up here I thought AR ran the whole show, he did so much and answered so many of my questions. He's always been helpful and friendly, and he's been a good egg to all and sundry. So AR, congratulations - you're our new DFO.

BIG thanks to killer cacti for all his hard work with the avatars! Good job, kc!

Also, big thanks to HuskerfaninOkieland for his assistance. I needed to bounce a lot of ideas off of him to start this project, and he was there with solid advice as well as being ready in case I needed someone to help with posting of new threads and whatnot. Thanks, Okie!

Finally, thanks to my buddies in the Mod crew, especially HSKRNOKC who helped with the logistics and with thread maintenance when this thing started.

And that wraps up the HuskerBoard Starting Lineup this year. I hope everyone had a good time. Peace out, homies. :nanalama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVZobzVJrSo

• 1 month later...

OK, everyone who has a position - feel free to:

1) Stop wearing your avatar any time you like (the team will be recorded for posterity in perpetuity)

2) Keep wearing your avatar until the Starting Lineup is run again next year, at which time all positions are relinquished and voted on again

Hope everyone had a ball with this. :thumbs

• 3 months later...

Are you doing nominations for Athletic Director/Director of Football operations?

First off, welcome to the board. :thumbs

The AD and DFO positions are reserved for the Admins, the guys who make the site go. So no, we're not taking nominations for those positions.

You're also about six months too late/six months too early for this activity. We'll pick it up again after the bowl game.