Huskerboard Starting Lineup 2010

knapplc

From the Center Nomination Thread:

No offense, but it seems to me that members are getting recycled over and over again for not getting previous nominations. IMO not exactly the spirit of this contest judging by the instructions.

You're right to a degree. I think what happens is that there are several guys that a lot of people think should be in "a position," whatever that position is. I think that's as much a phenomenon of familiarity and respect as it is anything else.

However, we've had seven positions run all the way through nominations so far, with three more just getting underway. At this point we've had 63 names submitted for those ten positions. Of those 63, 24 were people who have been nominated one time only. Eleven guys have been nominated for two positions, five have been nominated for three, and we have one guy who's been nominated for four different positions, but elected to none. He's kind of the Buffalo Bills of this process so far. :)

The best way to combat having the same guys nominated over and over is to have as many people as possible involved in the nominations process. So if there's anyone you can think of who hasn't been nominated for a position for which they're worthy, please put their name forward!

Hey knapplc,

Are you doing nominations for Athletic Director/Director of Football operations? I didn't see any nomination or voting dates, but I might have missed it.

Those are reserved for the guys who run the show around here at HuskerBoard. We'll have an announcement at the end of this shindig.

I've always wanted to be the guy who runs out on the field after kickoffs and picks up the tee. Too bad Adi is too stuborn to let anyone do it for him, or else I'd totally submit my resume for that job.

It's also too bad that job doesn't exist on this virtual team! Oh well.

I would vote for you :thumbs