Article on Tennessee

HuskerMoon

January 13, 2010

B.S.- Knoxville TN, They came out in droves Tuesday night. Hundreds if not thousands of Uinversity of Tennessee students, faculty, and fans, took to the streets, all to express the same sentiment. Lane Kiffen, you are a douche! This mantra could be heard from the east side of Knoxville to the west and there is no doubt that Kiffen’s douchitude was on every Tennessee football fans mind. When asked what she thought of the 34 year old coaches decision to leave Tennessee for the head coaching position at the University of Southern California, Mildred Smith, a retired 87 year old school teacher from nearby Powell, Tennessee had this to say. “I believe Mr. Kippen, Kippen, Krippen, whatever his name, I think that man is a Son of a b*&%$ !” She went on to describe in lengthy detail a medical procedure involving testicular re-attachment that she believed would greatly benefit the now former Volunteer coach in his future life pursuits. Around the country Wednesday non-volunteer college football fans got their opportunity to criticize the embattled coach on national radio and television call in programs. Most of the accusations leaned toward the notion that Mr. Kiffen was indeed a skirt wearing pansy who lacked integrity and pride and that he had indeed left the University of Tennessee up sh*t creek without a paddle. There were however a few dissenting opinions, college football fans from Gainsville Florida expressed joy when hearing the news of the turmoil in Knoxville. One unidentified Florida Gator fan was quoted as saying “ Them Volunteer fans.. They can go and shut up! They suck asssss!!! Gators Rule!!! Woooohoooo!” as he staggered out of a bar in downtown Gainsville Tuesday night. In Los Angeles the mood was different. It was evident that shock and dismay had engulfed Trojan nation on Tuesday night. Awaiting an impending investigation on countless NCAA violations, most Trojan fans stared at the television in utter disbelief as the news of Kiffen’s hiring was announced on ESPN. “We were expecting something different.” Said USC fan John Reyes from an Anaheim California Laundromat on Wednesday morning. Be it anger, happiness, or shock, there is no doubt that emotion was something that ran high in the college football world regarding this issue. In response to the rhetorical question I presented to myself yet answered anyway. “Is Lane Kiffen a douche?” This news journalist says “Absolutely!”

Fabricay Ted Lyer -

Mt. Jupiter- Sun – Herald- Gazette- Regina MS

Douche or not, he's going to be highly paid. Also, he won't be fighting with LSU, Florida, Miami, etc. for recruits. It's easier to leave a job when you either have or soon will have the NCAA breathing down your neck in Tennessee. At least at USC, he can say hey I'm not the one that cheated. I'm simply here to clean up the mess.

Who are you more upset about? "Fast" Lane Kiffin or USC for even pursuing him. Apparently he had a $800,000 buyout clause to walk from Tennessee, which USC easily came up with with just a few boosters donating the cash.

It is just another reason to hate USuCks! :flush

• 7 months later...

umm... say the author's name, "Fabricay Ted Lyer" out loud a few times before you get too wound up about the journalistic integrity, grammar, spelling or writing style of this piece.

Ha! Didn't notice that. Still no excuse for poor spelling. :moreinteresting

Yeah, that journalist sucks. Can't even spell the last name of Lane KiffIn. Hell the guy's dad was a staple in college football. D coordinator at Nebraska for many years. Any Husker football fan would have gotten it right.. Obviously this Lyer guy is Lame-o! ahem..*clears throat*