Kobe Bryant

Landlord

Disclaimer: I am a huge Lakers fan.

Now with that being said?

How unreal is this guy? Seems like the only thing that could stop him from suiting up is a broken bone....wait, what? He has a broken finger and is still playing? Ok then, the only thing that could stop him from suiting up is a severed limb (knock on wood).

I've been so impressed with him over the last three years. Played one of the most grueling and longest stretches possible (NBA Finals, Olympic basketball, NBA Finals again), finally gets some rest over the summer, comes back and has a post game worthy of a big man. Breaks his pinky on his right hand, so he'll just start using his left half the time.

Now he finally gets slowed down by back spasms that reportedly completely hinder him from walking at times, and has had a rough few games, but still is clutch enough to hit the game-winning jumper tonight against the Mavericks.

Oh yeah, did I mention he's had three buzzer beater winners so far, and is shooting the highest percentage of his career?

Not to take anything away from Kobe, he is a complete beast but your pinkey doesn't really affect your shot. If anything it hepls your form because you don't want to shoot with your shooting hand pinkey or your other hand thumb because it gives you bad form and you begin to start pushing the ball so I can see how his shooting percentage has gone up. He is still a horse playering through the injuries.

The pinky itself doesn't affect the shot much, but that thick padding Kobe wears on it does. While you don't release the ball off your pinky, it still plays a big part when you are gathering and Kobe has said as much, stating that he's "perching" the ball on his other three fingers a lot more. Phil Jackson said it affects his passing a lot more than his shot though, and I've seen at least two games after the injury where he would only use his left hand for shooting and passing.

....finally gets some rest over the summer, comes back and has a post game worthy of a big man.

I seen a sportscenter not too long ago where he had been working with Hakeen Olajuwon on his post game during his down time. He'll be top 5, top 3 player alltime when he decides to leave the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...