Mike Leach

Leach probably will raise the jolly roger on his boat and disappear for a few months. He'll network through his agent, and will land somewhere in 2011. I don't think he'll go anywhere besides a BCS team though. Schools that could be looking include Michigan, Colorado, A&M, Georgia, etc. His track record with Tech will buy him a 3-4 yr tryout somewhere.

Leach probably will raise the jolly roger on his boat and disappear for a few months. He'll network through his agent, and will land somewhere in 2011. I don't think he'll go anywhere besides a BCS team though. Schools that could be looking include Michigan, Colorado, A&M, Georgia, etc. His track record with Tech will buy him a 3-4 yr tryout somewhere.

i thought he was going to be an offensive coordinator at UCLA?

Last I heard, Chow was staying

i wonder where, why i heard that, but i'm sure his name was floated with UCLA in the sports radio world. i'll further research this topic.

was kiffin trying to get chow, and that is why they thought leach would go to UCLA? or am i just crazy?

i wonder where, why i heard that, but i'm sure his name was floated with UCLA in the sports radio world. i'll further research this topic.

was kiffin trying to get chow, and that is why they thought leach would go to UCLA? or am i just crazy?

Yeah I am pretty sure I heard on 1620 the Zone that Leach was going to UCLA to be the OC, then I checked online and it said Chow was going to remain there. And that is why I started the post in the first place. I got to thinking that it would sure be nice to have him on our side schematic wise. Yeah he is eccentric, but if it were pure football, one of the top 5 Offensive and one of the top 5 Defensive minds scheming on the same team. That would be insane!

Depending on who you believe in the whole Texas Tech scandal....I think Tech was looking for a reason to fire Leach to avoid paying the $ 800,000 he was set to recieve in a few weeks. Plus the hard feelings that took place last season during contract negotiations.

Leach is eccentric and I couldn't see him fitting in with the Pelini's staff. I see him getting a few million out of Tech, to early to tell if he ever gets back to coaching after this all is resolved.

I don't know, sure was plain as day that money was a factor, but with a few of his staff confirming his treatment of the James kid, he was in the wrong... but I am sure he has a viable wrongful termination argument or whatever you call it... :dunno

Link?

only heard that a few hundred times on espn... oh wait everyone on here thinks :espnsucks: Saw it on sportscenter...

Depending on who you believe in the whole Texas Tech scandal....I think Tech was looking for a reason to fire Leach to avoid paying the $ 800,000 he was set to recieve in a few weeks. Plus the hard feelings that took place last season during contract negotiations.

Leach is eccentric and I couldn't see him fitting in with the Pelini's staff. I see him getting a few million out of Tech, to early to tell if he ever gets back to coaching after this all is resolved.

I don't know, sure was plain as day that money was a factor, but with a few of his staff confirming his treatment of the James kid, he was in the wrong... but I am sure he has a viable wrongful termination argument or whatever you call it... :dunno

Link?

only heard that a few hundred times on espn... oh wait everyone on here thinks :espnsucks: Saw it on sportscenter...

Pick a side you want to believe when the story first broke everyone was saying it was a minor incident and Coaches and staff were behind Leach saying he wasn't the one insisting that he be treated in a storage shed. After it snowballed you had trainers changing their stories to try to shift blame back at Leach.

Craig James then consults a PR firm to make a spin on the situation to help him in possibly going forward in a possible run for the Senate, then goes public with the incidents. Adam James used his father's reputation to get a scholarship and also to try and get special treatment, and no doubt his Coaches were not wanting to deal with his silver spoon.

Maybe Tuberville was smart to send the staff packing, TT has more than it's share of people who shouldn't be on a Football field to include some boosters and players.