Roy Helu Jr. running style

Fuzzy

and as far as Roy being better than Brandon Jackson, no way.

Roy reminds me of that Boise State back, Ian Johnson? I think hes on the Vikings practice squad right now? If Roys lucky, and can somehow find a little more athleticism to avoid injury causing hits, thats about the best he can hope for IMO. All you have to do is stand next to Roy once...he's just awkward. Hes not the physical specimen most NFL backs are, and he's not the small Sproles type successful back. He's a misfit, a tweener.

Im not saying the guy is a complete suckhole like Lee. Im saying that I dont believe he is an NFL caliber, amazing, defense scaring running back like some are touting him as.

And I have concerns with our ability at running back in general if going into next year he is our clear cut #1 back, just like Im concerned if Lee is really the best we have at QB. Injuries or not to both of them, can you honestly say you trust those two to lead a national title caliber offense on a week to week basis? I have more faith in Roy than Lee in that regard. But the Lee thing is a whole 'nother discussion.

dont you think your getting ahead of yourself a little though? roy was clearly hurt this year, and was just a soph last year. who knows what he is fully capable of. you could be right, and he's just a guy who shows flashes but is never able to put it together, but with less of a load and presumably an improved line next year, I could see him being pretty good

dont you think your getting ahead of yourself a little though? roy was clearly hurt this year, and was just a soph last year. who knows what he is fully capable of. you could be right, and he's just a guy who shows flashes but is never able to put it together, but with less of a load and presumably an improved line next year, I could see him being pretty good

Agreed. I believe Roy will have a big year next year behind a vastly improved line and ends up getting drafted. He might not play right away but a backup that sees the field isn't as far away from Roy as significant NFL playing time is for a guy like Chase Daniel.

Im not saying the guy is a complete suckhole like Lee. Im saying that I dont believe he is an NFL caliber, amazing, defense scaring running back like some are touting him as.

NFL caliber != amazing, or defense scaring.

I said he was NFL caliber, which I stand by, but I don't think anyone else called him those other things.

Agreed. I believe Roy will have a big year next year behind a vastly improved line and ends up getting drafted. He might not play right away but a backup that sees the field isn't as far away from Roy as significant NFL playing time is for a guy like Chase Daniel.

ithink its to early to judge lee as well. injured.... first year.... RB injuries.... the guy had a TON going against him last year