Football Island

Great piece! Definately amazing also. I noticed at around 2 min 50 sec in the video... the governor says he believes it's the hard work reverence and discipline of the people that make them great (which is reflected in the football skills) because they are mostly a farm community. I know it's extreme to compare, but right when I heard that part I thought of Nebraska and our walkons. There's been a coupe of Cornhusker books that have mentioned this in some respect. Thought that was kinda cool too. One of those books said something about our team reflecting Nebraska's people with hard work and discipline.

Bottom line... Great piece! Thank you!

Great piece! Definately amazing also. I noticed at around 2 min 50 sec in the video... the governor says he believes it's the hard work reverence and discipline of the people that make them great (which is reflected in the football skills) because they are mostly a farm community. I know it's extreme to compare, but right when I heard that part I thought of Nebraska and our walkons. There's been a coupe of Cornhusker books that have mentioned this in some respect. Thought that was kinda cool too. One of those books said something about our team reflecting Nebraska's people with hard work and discipline.

Bottom line... Great piece! Thank you!

That's awesome neguy because I thought exactly the same thing while I was watching that! I wish that would translate into more Samoan kids ending up here, but unfortunately I think that pulling those kids from the coastal schools (specifically pac 10) is nearly impossible.