Suh vs Past Dlinemen

cb1954

Great topic for the doldrums of mid-January.

Suh is the best defensive lineman I have seen play as a Husker fan of 40 years. I also have to say that we have had some defensive teams that have have played incredibly well as a unit, the 95 unit that destroyed Spurrier's Gators in the 96 Fiesta Bowl is certainly second to none as a team. What a great topic for discussion this is.

Damn its cold and we are looking at a possible 20" more of the white stuff over the weekend.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

Having been too young to ever see guys like Glover play in person, I have to admit that it does put me at a disadvantage.

That being said I believe that that Suh is still the best DT I've ever seen play the college game. He has a great combination of power, athleticism, and a capable set of hands. He was able to do things against offensive linemen that I've never seen in the 10 years that I have closely watched football.

Unless somebody wows me more than Suh in the next 20 years, he would still be my pick for the best interior linemen 20 years from now.

Having been too young to ever see guys like Glover play in person, I have to admit that it does put me at a disadvantage.

That being said I believe that that Suh is still the best DT I've ever seen play the college game. He has a great combination of power, athleticism, and a capable set of hands. He was able to do things against offensive linemen that I've never seen in the 10 years that I have closely watched football.

Unless somebody wows me more than Suh in the next 20 years, he would still be my pick for the best interior linemen 20 years from now.

I posted a thread about this back in September. I have been watching Husker football since the 70's and with great respect to the past d linemen, I think in my lifetime, he is the best d lineman we have had. I could not comment on Glover, although my dad talks a lot about him...I would also have to say he is one of the best I have seen in the game.