13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, who here likes to smoke stogies? Obviously I do, I made this thread. I do like most of the above brands, smoking mostly CAO's, Acid's, Rocky Patel's, Kristoff's, Ghurka's, and Casa Magna's. I love CAO's Brasilia, Italia, Acid's Kuba Maduro's, and Rocky Patel's Edge's. Gurkha's cognac dipped cigars are the shizz. So please, if there are any cigar aficianado's, please let us in on it. I'm sure we're all looking for something new to try if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

I just smoke the occasional gas station cigar/cigarillo with friends. One time my old science teacher bought some nicaraguan cigars for my birthday and smoking even half of one of those made me sick to my stomach (as is the case with cigarettes...no idea why), but they are fun for socializing sometimes.

If you are going to start smoking cigars, start with some lighter ones. USUALLY the lighter color the wrapper (the outside leaf) the lighter the cigar will be (making you less nauseous). Look for a cigar that has a "Connecticut" wrapper. Also, make sure you eat a solid meal before smoking one. Also, don't inhale. Savor the smoke, as you would a glass of wine. If you're unsure, ask the owner/proprietor of the cigar store when you come in. Just say "Hey, I'm just getting started. I need a lighter (less heavy) cigar. Also, use a butane TORCH or matches. Using a regular lighter will make the cigar taste bitter.

I'll buy whatever the guy at Jake's recommends on special occasions. Fun with the guys . . . too expensive to be a habit. Plus cigar mouth seldom seems worth the trouble.

LOL yeah it can be damn expensive if you have an addictive perssonality, like I do. I just dropped $160 on a bunch of them a week ago. I don't smoke one each day, so it lasts me awhile. I've got a small humidor that i keep them in.

I go for the Rocky Patels...

If I owned a humidor, I'd probably keep them around more often and smoke them more often, but there's a store on my way home so I'll just stop by and get some every once in a while.

i've got one thats about 9"x9" and 2" deep and cost me $20. Works fine for me

I just started a little over a year ago.

My favorite Connecticut wrapper would be the Rocky Patel vintage 1999 - has a lot of character for a mild cigar and smooth on the palette. Next favorite CT wrapper would be the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real.

I would have to say Rocky Patel's are my favorites. The Old World Reserve is great after a good meal.

Have you tried a J.C. Newman Brick House? The Churchill is a fine medium to full flavor.

I tried CAO American but it was almost too heavy for my taste.

You piqued my interest with the Cognac dipped Gurkha's. Have to try one of those because I like a good Cognac.

I just started a little over a year ago.

My favorite Connecticut wrapper would be the Rocky Patel vintage 1999 - has a lot of character for a mild cigar and smooth on the palette. Next favorite CT wrapper would be the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real.

I would have to say Rocky Patel's are my favorites. The Old World Reserve is great after a good meal.

Have you tried a J.C. Newman Brick House? The Churchill is a fine medium to full flavor.

I tried CAO American but it was almost too heavy for my taste.

You piqued my interest with the Cognac dipped Gurkha's. Have to try one of those because I like a good Cognac.

I haven't tried the vintage 1999 but i have tried the vintage 1990 and 1992 and i have to say i was very impressed. very smooth, lots of flavor, medium body. both, really good cigars.

i tried the CAO american and i didnt find it too heavy, i found it somewhat lacking in flavor. its odd, i like most of their cigars. that was the first one i didnt care for too much.

and the cognac dipped gurkha's are great. they come in a wax sealed glass tube, so they are easy to spot. there's one or two cigar shops around omaha (can't remember which ones) that have them. gurkha's 1887 reserve is also a great cigar.

I go for the Rocky Patels...

If I owned a humidor, I'd probably keep them around more often and smoke them more often, but there's a store on my way home so I'll just stop by and get some every once in a while.

i've got one thats about 9"x9" and 2" deep and cost me $20. Works fine for me

What kind? You've peaked my interest, do you have a link?