13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i don't im afraid. it's probably a xicar or something. pretty much every cigar store has a selection of humidor's. the smaller ones aren't going to be very expensive. just make sure you keep some distilled water or you can buy a special solution and put that in yoiur humidor. before putting the cigars in it, you have to prep the wood inside the humidor, otherwise it will suck up the moisture leaving your cigars all nasty and dry

I go for the Rocky Patels...

If I owned a humidor, I'd probably keep them around more often and smoke them more often, but there's a store on my way home so I'll just stop by and get some every once in a while.

i've got one thats about 9"x9" and 2" deep and cost me $20. Works fine for me

What kind? You've peaked my interest, do you have a link?

:yeah Been looking for something that works and is reasonably priced. As for the original question: Rocky Patel's and Ashton's are my typical choice.

I go for the Rocky Patels...

If I owned a humidor, I'd probably keep them around more often and smoke them more often, but there's a store on my way home so I'll just stop by and get some every once in a while.

i've got one thats about 9"x9" and 2" deep and cost me $20. Works fine for me

What kind? You've peaked my interest, do you have a link?

:yeah Been looking for something that works and is reasonably priced. As for the original question: Rocky Patel's and Ashton's are my typical choice.

Yep any cigar store should have some of the more reasonably priced humidors. just call and ask. You can tell them you are a light smoker, just want one once or twice a week or so, so it doesn't need to be big. I have yet to meet a cigar store proprietor that isn't cool as sh#t. They depend on word of mouth, so they will help you out.

I love 4 activities just about as much as anything....golf, skiing, live music, and a good f-ing cigar. I omitted two obvious ones - 1. Nebraska football 2. is this the woodshed?

Back in high school, I used to go to the Cigaros at 132nd and Maple with a buddy, grab a couple cigars, grab a couple drinks (for some reason never got carded there), and played chess every Thursday night. Good times.

I love 4 activities just about as much as anything....golf, skiing, live music, and a good f-ing cigar. I omitted two obvious ones - 1. Nebraska football 2. is this the woodshed?

Back in high school, I used to go to the Cigaros at 132nd and Maple with a buddy, grab a couple cigars, grab a couple drinks (for some reason never got carded there), and played chess every Thursday night. Good times.

f#*k, thats what i do with my friend marc. except we would mix in axis and allies along with chess. you still in omaha?

f#*k, thats what i do with my friend marc. except we would mix in axis and allies along with chess. you still in omaha?

Yeah that's a great time, every time. I actually live in Chicago now.

Yeah that's a great time, every time. I actually live in Chicago now.

weak, ill be back in omaha in the fall when i get back from deployment and am always looking for dudes to chill with. oh well. im hoping im in town during a game like last year when i got to see the louisiana-lafayette game. my friend ron got me, my father and brother tickets and we all got to sit together and catch the game. he's also a member of the champions club so we got to chill there. lol i got hammered. i think i had like 15-20 shots that night. this is me and ron and another pic of me and some cheerleaders at the champions club

post-4994-126478808863.jpg

post-4994-126478811122.jpg

If you are going to start smoking cigars, start with some lighter ones. USUALLY the lighter color the wrapper (the outside leaf) the lighter the cigar will be (making you less nauseous). Look for a cigar that has a "Connecticut" wrapper. Also, make sure you eat a solid meal before smoking one. Also, don't inhale. Savor the smoke, as you would a glass of wine. If you're unsure, ask the owner/proprietor of the cigar store when you come in. Just say "Hey, I'm just getting started. I need a lighter (less heavy) cigar. Also, use a butane TORCH or matches. Using a regular lighter will make the cigar taste bitter.

Thanks for the info :thumbs A couple of friends and I tried some expensive cognac and some cigars once and I thought they both tasted like crap.(I'm more of a Budweiser type of guy) But maybe I should try something lighter like you recommended.

If you are going to start smoking cigars, start with some lighter ones. USUALLY the lighter color the wrapper (the outside leaf) the lighter the cigar will be (making you less nauseous). Look for a cigar that has a "Connecticut" wrapper. Also, make sure you eat a solid meal before smoking one. Also, don't inhale. Savor the smoke, as you would a glass of wine. If you're unsure, ask the owner/proprietor of the cigar store when you come in. Just say "Hey, I'm just getting started. I need a lighter (less heavy) cigar. Also, use a butane TORCH or matches. Using a regular lighter will make the cigar taste bitter.

Thanks for the info :thumbs A couple of friends and I tried some expensive cognac and some cigars once and I thought they both tasted like crap.(I'm more of a Budweiser type of guy) But maybe I should try something lighter like you recommended.

Also, remember to buy them at an actual cigar store, not some random grocery store, or the PX. a dry cigar is a bad cigar. any other brands i listed above will have good cigars, but if you are truly just starting out, i might recommend starting with some Acid Kuba Kuba's.

Give cigars another shot. I had never smoked one until the day before I left to go to basic training. My little brother brought 3 to smoke with me, a cognac dipped one, a rum dipped one and a house blend. I thought they were terrific (obviously lol).

If it makes anyone feel better, the AMA (American Medical Assoc) said 1-2 cigars a day has a NEGLIGIBLE health risk. I don't even smoke that many, so I'm not worried at all. The fact they are processed and have a bunch of additives like dip and cigarettes are what differentiates them.