Rome just pimped NU and Bo

cowherd is a sorry excuse for a radio/television personality. he never says anything of value and he has the weirdest takes. when he is talking about something worth listening to, which is rarely, i always disagree with him. he makes michelle beadle seem like a distinguished intellectual.

edit: also, i really like rome, he is an acquired tastes, but he is very unique and entertaining, and sometimes informative.

I vehemently disagree. I think Cowherd seperates himself from many other personalities who just scream "SPORTS!! SPORTS!! SPORTS!!!" and instead looks at the bigger picture of topics, relating back to world issues, historical accounts, and especially (my favorite aspect of him) regional differences and biases. I won't try to get into a "who's smarter" discussion, but I feel as though Cowherd appeals to higher level thinking and doesn't take things merely at face value.

i respect what you say, and i think the ironic thing is that we like different guys for the same reason. i'm just not that impressed with cowherd, but i'll admit that i have not seen or heard a lot of him, but what i have seen/heard, i just was not that impressed, not my style I guess. i see why you would like him for being more cerebral rather than loud, but that i why i like Rome. cowherd does not always annoy (i do like what he has to say) it is just that when i do disagree with him, it is quite adament and it taints everything else he says, i become fixate with how much i disagreed with something he said or his thought process or whatever.

don't get me wrong, i disagree with Rome, which is not a bad thing, we should not just listen to echo boxes of our opinions, but when i disagree with him, he is still interesting and i understand where he is coming from, i can still respect his stance/perspective, and i feel that i am being challenged rather than insulted. that's what it comes down to, when i disagree with cowherd, i don't respect him, i'm just annoyed. but i agree, he gives a different take, he is analytical, and unique, all valuable characteristics.

I love listening to Jim Rome. I think he is excellent at what he does and definitely has good things to say about Nebraska. That said I wouldn't cosider him a credible source when it comes to college football news and recruiting. Great show? Absolutely. Deep analysis? Not really.

he loves anyone who gives him an interview, he loved SUH, but who doesn't (other than quarterbacks).

but i just think rome puts on a very entertaining show and has a real unique take.

Rome's radio show is like WWE wrestling. each caller has to be a character and after a while it gets old.

yeah.gif I definitely feel that Rome is more about shock value and soundbytes whereas Cowherd makes intelligent arguments and especially good analogies and comparisons when explaining his point of view on something.

I can't believe you just used intelligent and Cowherd in the same sentence. :facepalm:

Rome will give it to you straight and doesn't really stir the preverbial pot. Cowherd is one for the glitz and glam if you will, he was dog'n on Nebraska before the CCG and the next week said we were currently one of the top 5 programs in the country. He fits in with the majority of the media hacks who say or write something to create a storyline with their name on it.

cowherd on sportsnation said straight-up that nebraska would be blown-out by texas in the big xii championship and it wouldn't even be close.

you could write everything cowherd knows about sports on the inside of a matchbook and have room to spare.