Bo visits Yoshi's parents!

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/meet_the_parents.html

Meet the parents

Posted by: Steve Sipple on January 28, 2010 at 12:37PM CST

It's easy to become cynical about recruiting, which is why I'm sharing this tidbit about Bo Pelini as a recruiter.

We all know that junior college offensive lineman Jermarcus Hardrick has signed his letter of intent and already is working out with Nebraska in its winter conditioning program. Even so, Pelini made it a point to visit Hardrick's family the other day in Batesville, Miss. (population 7,100).

"Bo thinks it's important to meet all the players' parents," said Jeff Sims, fourth-year head coach at Fort Scott (Kan.) Community College, where Hardrick played the last two seasons. "Even though Jermarcus was already at Nebraska, Bo thought it was very important to go down there. That's pretty cool. You don't always see that.

"Let me tell you something about Bo Pelini. I deal with a lot of college coaches, and Bo Pelini on television has this demeanor that is the exact opposite of who he really is.

"Bo Pelini is one of the most kind, honest, down-to-earth, straightforward people that I've ever been around, and that's why we send our guys to Nebraska."

Nebraska's 2010 recruiting class also features a verbal commitment from linebacker Lavonte David of Fort Scott CC via Miami, Fla. "He's got the best ball skills I've ever seen in a football player," Sims said. of the 6-foot-1, 214-pound David "He just knows football. He's excited about being a Cornhusker."

David is set to sign Wednesday.

Fort Scott also produced current Nebraska wideout Brandon Kinnie, who had 15 receptions for 141 yards this past season and "absolutely loves it" at NU, Sims said.