Backgammon & More Games

I don't remember if I have posted this before or not..please excuse me if I have. I play backgammon at this site...http://www.safeharborgames.net/. This site has other games too. I play at The Cove under the name BeerDice. I came up with that name, because it seemed when I have a beer when playing, I seem to get more doubles:) and I love to get doubles:) Tournament Room 10 is great to play backgammon at also. If I am going to play there though..I will play there on weekends, because if I happen to be winning by some chance..it gets too late to make dinner. I had to laugh last night-I was playing at The Cove and got grumpy players. The first player accused me of having a dice program and I told them I had no dice program! I beat them 5-0 and the second player I played...told me if I wouldn't of been so greedy, that I would of won that game. I had set the match to 5 pts. so the match was far from over..it was only the first game. I won that match too:) and better yet..made them eat their words:) I am not afraid to use the cube.

Well anyway..check that site out if you get bored. You have to register to play. I would love to play any of you in backgammon if you join:)

I don't remember if I have posted this before or not..please excuse me if I have. I play backgammon at this site...http://www.safeharborgames.net/. This site has other games too. I play at The Cove under the name BeerDice. I came up with that name, because it seemed when I have a beer when playing, I seem to get more doubles:) and I love to get doubles:) Tournament Room 10 is great to play backgammon at also. If I am going to play there though..I will play there on weekends, because if I happen to be winning by some chance..it gets too late to make dinner. I had to laugh last night-I was playing at The Cove and got grumpy players. The first player accused me of having a dice program and I told them I had no dice program! I beat them 5-0 and the second player I played...told me if I wouldn't of been so greedy, that I would of won that game. I had set the match to 5 pts. so the match was far from over..it was only the first game. I won that match too:) and better yet..made them eat their words:) I am not afraid to use the cube.

Well anyway..check that site out if you get bored. You have to register to play. I would love to play any of you in backgammon if you join:)

What's backgammon?

Seems there is a resurgence of the game, probably because of these sites.

Where we lived in the 70's, you could find a 'game' in most of the cafes we hung out in.

One place had 'triangles' inlaid on the tables.

Wife and I found our old portable game while packing to move, and got hooked again.

Thanks for the link, going to give it a try.

What's backgammon?

I think it's a new branch of Pokemon.

I shouldn't even have to insert any emoticon...

Backgammon is the game on the back of all your child hood checker boards.

It cah get cut throat and vicious, especally if you play for money.

Roxy knows, the cube is the game. Make sure you bring your 'nads' to the table.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez

You played for money?

My old GF and I always played for clothes.

(Wish I still remembered how to play)

You can play for money at live tournaments. i know players who have played at them, but, I haven't. You can also play at www.play65.com for money. You do get your money. I have played there and have won money. However, if you do play there, make sure your opponet doesn't change the match points on you, etc. when you set up the match! Some players will try and do that to you, so make sure you watch that. My suggestion if you do play there..make sure you read all the rules first etc. I would not play there if you are just learning how to play. There are too many professional players that play there and you have to know what you are doing! I learned to play backgammon off a backgammon board first..then got a computer..then played alot of games before playing at that site. You have to know what you are doing if you want to win money.

Always look at the pips that you have and the pips that the other player has BEFORE using the cube! I am not afraid to use the cube..but..I always look at the pips first.

Some players may use the cube thinking they have the advantage and they don't think you wil take the cube and they hope you will resign so they will get the game! I have had that happen to me alot and I take the cube and I end up winning. Always study the board..take your time..if they gripe that you are taking too long...shrug it off and study the board! I always study the board and if they get impatient..that is their problem not mine!

Been playing backgammon for years. There are alot of great players out there and I know some of them. I wouldn't say I am the one of the top backgammon players, but, I am far from being the worst out there lol

I know of another site where you can play for fun, but, I won't suggest it to you because the opponets will leave the game on you if they are loosing. Nothing is worse than playing a 7 pt. match and having a player do that to you! The site that I suggested earlier..the players won't do that to you, not, unless they get bumped and you can always restore the match that you had with them. I will play 5 or 7 pts..hate 3 pt. matches.