2011 Rivals 250

Looks like Mizzou has two commits on the list too.

There's also 7 (MO) & 4 (IL) recruits on that list. (NE)=0

Unfortunately, Missouri is becoming a fairly solid state for talent. Throw in East St. Louis and Pinkly has half a class of 4 & 5 stars within a 15-25 minute helicopter ride.

Missouri has always been a solid state for talent. That's why TO has always said that Mizzou was a sleeping giant. If they ever are able to close the borders in recruiting, then they will be very good. For all his warts, Pinkel has done an excellent job in that regard. And that hurts Nebraska doubly because it also drains them of a region that used to be ripe for Nebraska's picking. We still get guys from Missouri (like Rome, Compton, McNeill, Brooks, etc.), but it's now a battle to get them out of Mizzou's paws.

Sleeping giant is a bit of a stretch, I'd go more w/ stoned midget. Generally high and inebriated (< 2003), a stoned midget often wakes up hungry. This leads to short outburts of ankle biting and a general pain in the a$$ stretch of livelyhood (2003-2008) - fortunately it's quickly followed by another mellow stretch of emptyness (2009-*)

(MO) Recruits in top 250

2010 - 3

2009 - 3

2008 - 1 (b. gabbert)

2007 - 4

2006 - 2 (j. freeman)

Looks like Mizzou has two commits on the list too.

There's also 7 (MO) & 4 (IL) recruits on that list. (NE)=0

Unfortunately, Missouri is becoming a fairly solid state for talent. Throw in East St. Louis and Pinkly has half a class of 4 & 5 stars within a 15-25 minute helicopter ride.

Missouri has always been a solid state for talent. That's why TO has always said that Mizzou was a sleeping giant. If they ever are able to close the borders in recruiting, then they will be very good. For all his warts, Pinkel has done an excellent job in that regard. And that hurts Nebraska doubly because it also drains them of a region that used to be ripe for Nebraska's picking. We still get guys from Missouri (like Rome, Compton, McNeill, Brooks, etc.), but it's now a battle to get them out of Mizzou's paws.

Sleeping giant is a bit of a stretch, I'd go more w/ stoned midget. Generally high and inebriated (< 2003), a stoned midget often wakes up hungry. This leads to short outburts of ankle biting and a general pain in the a$$ stretch of livelyhood (2005-2008) - fortunately it's quickly followed by another mellow stretch of emptyness (2009-*)

(MO) Recruits in top 250

2010 - 3

2009 - 3

2008 - 1 (b. gabbert)

2007 - 4

2006 - 2 (j. freeman)

Again, those were TO's words. I'm sure he didn't mean they would be the next Florida, Miami or USC, but I do think he meant that they would be a serious force to be reckoned with in conference play. My point is that I think TO's comment suggests that Missouri didn't all of a sudden get talented recruits in the last few years. They have always had a lot of talent in the state. Pretty much everyone knows that.

Begs to ask if you can name a few of the best recruits we've ever gotten from MO.

Grant Wistrom would probably head that list...

Off the top of my head, Grant Wistrom (as carlfense mentioned), Mike Rucker, Steve Warren, Dan Alexander and current Huskers like McNeill, Compton, Brandon Kinnie and Keith Williams.

why is it when i look at the Rivals250 to watch for 2011, the names are all in alphabetical order by position? but when i click on a player, like Tyler Moore for instance, his page shows him as the 243rd ranked player in the nation for 2011.

Some others:

Aaron Green- 2

Jamal Turner- 121

Christian Westerman- 53

Why don't they just order them by rank instead alphabetical by position? kinda bothers me

why is it when i look at the Rivals250 to watch for 2011, the names are all in alphabetical order by position? but when i click on a player, like Tyler Moore for instance, his page shows him as the 243rd ranked player in the nation for 2011.

Some others:

Aaron Green- 2

Jamal Turner- 121

Christian Westerman- 53

Why don't they just order them by rank instead alphabetical by position? kinda bothers me

The official Rivals rankings don't come out until later.

Some others:

Aaron Green- 2

Jamal Turner- 121

Christian Westerman- 53

Then why does each player's profile have a national ranking on it?

Some others:

Aaron Green- 2

Jamal Turner- 121

Christian Westerman- 53

Then why does each player's profile have a national ranking on it?

Where are you seeing their national ranking at? I'm not seeing it. See screenshot below.

2vl1ymr.jpg

click on aaron green's profile and right under that black box that has the stars it will say.....

MORE RANKINGS

Rivals.com Rivals250 to Watch 2011 (2)

Rankings index »

Thanks.

My guess would be that those are preliminary rankings? :dunno

You guys are really dumbfounded? I'll give you a clue.

1. A.J. Johnson

2. Aaron Green

3. Aaron Morris

It's a watch list assigned by alphabetical..

• Fire 1