Thank GOD its over

<_< not really shocked... west coast kid, playing at UCLA... not too shabby if that is what he really wanted.

I understand the west coast, but not UCLA! Lived in Lincoln for 15 years now in Orange County. If he wanted to play in Southern Cal it makes sense to go to USC who wanted him!! The conspiracy theorist in me says something shady went down! Good Ol' Slick Rick is back to his old ways!

I know the "classy" thing to do is wish him well and yada,yada..

But seriously, this really got me thinking that we're better off without the kid. I'm always annoyed by the kids who drag this out to the last minute to begin with (yes, including the ones who choose us) but imo, this kid was just enjoying the attention the entire time.. He reminds me of Tebow. Some kid that half the people think is just such a great kid, while the other half see through him and realize he's a media-whore..

I've never read or listened to so many interviews for a kid in my life. He's been everywhere.. On the pay sites they seem to speak with him daily and post his minute by minute thought process. He leaves obvious teasers out there like "I was just waiting for my mom to get on board with Nebraska, now she is) then suddenly needs more time.. I've read for months how leaving home was the only hold up.. He would tell anyone who listened how much he loves his mommy..

Out of nowhere Oregeon is suddenly gone from his top 3, and OSU is suddenly back in (could it be they stopped playing his game at oregeon?) and finally, after waiting till the last minute, of the last day, he chooses to leave his mom, and head to the media capital of the country. To go play for one of hte biggest media-hooker coaches in the country..

meh, good riddance.. If he decided to stay home, I would have "stayed classy" and wished him well.. Now, I'm just glad he's not part of our program and will be waiting for the day ucla comes to Lincoln.

• Fire 2

I know the "classy" thing to do is wish him well and yada,yada..

But seriously, this really got me thinking that we're better off without the kid. I'm always annoyed by the kids who drag this out to the last minute to begin with (yes, including the ones who choose us) but imo, this kid was just enjoying the attention the entire time.. He reminds me of Tebow. Some kid that half the people think is just such a great kid, while the other half see through him and realize he's a media-whore..

I've never read or listened to so many interviews for a kid in my life. He's been everywhere.. On the pay sites they seem to speak with him daily and post his minute by minute thought process. He leaves obvious teasers out there like "I was just waiting for my mom to get on board with Nebraska, now she is) then suddenly needs more time.. I've read for months how leaving home was the only hold up.. He would tell anyone who listened how much he loves his mommy..

Out of nowhere Oregeon is suddenly gone from his top 3, and OSU is suddenly back in (could it be they stopped playing his game at oregeon?) and finally, after waiting till the last minute, of the last day, he chooses to leave his mom, and head to the media capital of the country. To go play for one of hte biggest media-hooker coaches in the country..

meh, good riddance.. If he decided to stay home, I would have "stayed classy" and wished him well.. Now, I'm just glad he's not part of our program and will be waiting for the day ucla comes to Lincoln.

Well said! I hate it when kids drag their feet it slows down other players decisions and puts coaching staff in terrible situations. If I was DE wanting to go to NU and I thought a player like Owa was going to go I'd be out. And then that player doesn't it hurts the program. Just like it did when we lost Gabbert and Freeman, other QBs we were looking at went else where. At the end of the day you can trust 17-18 year old kids are capable to making terrible and selfish decisions.

What kills me was what you were saying about if he went to OR or OR St it would have made sense and I wish him good luck. But he's a media whore and/or we just couldn't match the car and not having to go to class deal that UCLA was offering him. Seems shady and I hope the NCAA checks it out!

What I love is the "possibility" of this costing Owa Millions of dollars on draft day. If he is good enough to play he'll get drafted. But Im sure there is few people out there that would argue that he would be a better player and have a better draft selection had he gone to NE. He blew it and I can't wait to play in him in Sep 8 2012 and Sep 14 2013.