Bryan Wilson

From what I've heard Wilson is in the mix at RCB and doing pretty good. Wilson is taller than Bowman and as big if not bigger ( weight wise) but just not as fast.. Unless you call a consistant 4.4 slow. Wilson also has a 36-37 inch vertical.

I think it's only a matter of time before he locks down a starting spot on the other side of Bowman. He's almost 7-8 inches taller than Grixby, 40 lbs heavier and just as fast and has a vertical similar to what Grixby has.

Wow, all this talk about the other three corners, I kind of forgot about Wilson. I am glad that he is doing well. Also, what ever happened to Defrand. I thought that he would push for some reps this  year too.

I think he is banged up alittle. Does anyone know for sure.

Defrand is still recovering from a broken foot. The coaches were hopefully that he would be back to play this year but it is doubtfull he'll play again for NU.

From what I've heard Wilson is in the mix at RCB and doing pretty good. Wilson is taller than Bowman and as big if not bigger ( weight wise) but just not as fast.. Unless you call a consistant 4.4 slow. Wilson also has a 36-37 inch vertical.

I think it's only a matter of time before he locks down a starting spot on the other side of Bowman. He's almost 7-8 inches taller than Grixby, 40 lbs heavier and just as fast and has a vertical similar to what Grixby has.

Id be very suprised if grixby don't start the whole year barring injury. I have to wonder how good bowman is aswell.

Wilson isnt taller than Bowman.... and he is slower (4.2 vs. 4.4) He is also lighter than him, allthough he is taller, faster, and heavier than Grixby, allthough Grixby jumps higher and knows the defense.

From the story I read at the end of July on Wilson, it said he is 6'2.5 205 lbs.

On Bowman, it was said he's 6'2 190 as of this month. Who knows maybe Bowman has gained some weight, but every story I've seen about him all say he's 190.

Grixby may jump higher ( vertical wise) but he's giving up 7-8 inches so the jump is about equal with Wilson maybe out jumping him because of his height.

If Grixby does start and plays through out the year he will have a hard time against the bigger WR's he faces.. Nebraska plays some teams that have 6'4-6'6 WR's. ISU,OU and others.

I don't care who the DB is. You can't consistantly give up 8-9 inches and 40-60 lbs week end and week out and expect great results.. Fabian Washington was 5'10 185 and he didn't fare too well against the bigger WR's either.

Wow, all this talk about the other three corners, I kind of forgot about Wilson. I am glad that he is doing well. Also, what ever happened to Defrand. I thought that he would push for some reps this  year too.

I think he is banged up alittle. Does anyone know for sure.

Defrand is still recovering from a broken foot. The coaches were hopefully that he would be back to play this year but it is doubtfull he'll play again for NU.

defrand should of played alot more than he did last year. HE looked good when he was in action.

I don't care who the DB is. You can't consistantly give up 8-9 inches and 40-60 lbs week end and week out and expect great results..

Unless you are Baron Miles. :worship

With the size most teams have at WR we need taller DBs. Grixby is a gamer though it will be hard for anyone to take his spot.

Ralph Brown wasnt too bad either, and he wasnt very big.

Give me a fast corner who can shadow a fast WR down the field anyday, over a guy who is bigger and slower. I would rather have my CB be 5 inches shorter, but standing right in front of the WR to shield/knock down the ball as opposed to having a CB of the same height who is 5 steps behind the WR on a 45 yard fly pattern. The height of the CB is really only important in jump ball situations.