What is wrong with the mens team?

I like Doc, but I give him next year to show big improvment or give him the boot. Sucks for Ryan Anderson to have gone out like this in his senior year after all he has done, but its just bad timing. This group can be good, but we seriously need a dominating offensive threat. A lot of freshman, hopefully they learn a lot with this season and can capitalize in the future.

I like Doc, but I give him next year to show big improvment or give him the boot. Sucks for Ryan Anderson to have gone out like this in his senior year after all he has done, but its just bad timing. This group can be good, but we seriously need a dominating offensive threat. A lot of freshman, hopefully they learn a lot with this season and can capitalize in the future.

that's all they're missing. however, unless doc starts bending rules - which i'm guessing tom frowns upon - he's not going to get this guy. sallie was a fluke and it'll be hard to get another kid of that caliber to come here.

normally not this pesimistic, but the losses are getting to me, making me less and less optimistic

that's all they're missing. however, unless doc starts bending rules - which i'm guessing tom frowns upon - he's not going to get this guy. sallie was a fluke and it'll be hard to get another kid of that caliber to come here.

normally not this pesimistic, but the losses are getting to me, making me less and less optimistic

Same here. It has gotten so bad that I only follow them here in this thread and to see the crawl at the bottom of ESPN only see how bad they lost.

Isn't every year supposed to be Doc's breakout year? I think a lot of fans get excited for no reason because he brings in some foriegn recruits with a lot of hype (good players, but not game changers), but come on, NCAA championship teams are built around home-grown kids. Foreign basketball is a completely different game then American. I may be wrong but they won't see the tournament if this recruiting keeps up. Look at Kansas for example, recruits from Chicago, Philly, those are huge basketball cities, and kids that come from there are hard nosed and usually successful. I blame it all on recruiting. Maybe Doc's not the guy. ( I know comparing recruiting to Kansas recruits is was out there, but there has to be kids from those areas that don't get any offers.)

And on a side note, even with a tainted 12-3 start, how could you think they could compete in the Big 12 when they get totally controlled by Saint Louis??

Plus, Sek Henry just needs to graduate already, he brings the team down with his attitude and always sub par play.

I agree with your comment about sek. he may be a good kid, i dont know, but he just doesn't add anything to the team anymore. as far as recruiting, doc is trying to find a niche. if he can bring in decent foreigners for a few years, he may start winning a little more consistently. once that is established, THEN he can go after the home run guy. also, i'm sure he is talking to "home grown" kids, it's just that he can't get them to come yet. i know many people were frustrated with maric - as was i - but he was a foreigner and he was pretty damn solid, like it or not. i know he wasn't a doc recruit, just pointing out that some foreign guys are pretty good. iowa state did the same thing with staiger and he was pretty darn good also.

I agree with your comment about sek. he may be a good kid, i dont know, but he just doesn't add anything to the team anymore. as far as recruiting, doc is trying to find a niche. if he can bring in decent foreigners for a few years, he may start winning a little more consistently. once that is established, THEN he can go after the home run guy. also, i'm sure he is talking to "home grown" kids, it's just that he can't get them to come yet. i know many people were frustrated with maric - as was i - but he was a foreigner and he was pretty damn solid, like it or not. i know he wasn't a doc recruit, just pointing out that some foreign guys are pretty good. iowa state did the same thing with staiger and he was pretty darn good also.

The thing about home-grown kids in the midwest especially Nebraska, not that many D-1 players come out of our state, and the ones that have he has failed to get. Not that Matt Hill is anything to be head over heels for, but he chose to sit the bench at Texass for four years instead of come here and actually play. I just think him and the staff are recruiting in the wrong direction. I agree with you about Maric, but man was he hot and cold. But a solid player none the less. And as you said he wasn't his recruit. I just don't think he is going in the right direction. I think at the end of the year, injuries and all considered, I think Tom needs to have a sit down with him and lay down some goals, because it's so embarrassing to think that a school of our size has only been to the tournament 6 times, and NEVER has won a game. Something has to give.

Im all for building the new stadium and I want it to happen, but that can only do so much for potential recruits. He needs to start winning some games soon, or he is gone. Maybe get out and run every once in awhile, because from my observations, layups equal easy points. No one wants to play "lets walk the ball up the court everytime and go really really slow." And no one wants to watch that either.

I always wonder to myself, "How does Bo Ryan consistently field good teams year after year"

His teams are constantly made up of the big white guys that most teams overlook...I know he has Milwaukee and Chicago to recruit from, but still. Winters are worse in Madison than here. It just flabbergasts me how he does it. The really good Milwaukee and Madison players usually don't stay, so I always wonder...

I sure as hell don't like watching that slow bring up the ball stuff, but somehow it works for Wisconsin. But off that point, wasn't Doc's thing when he came here that we were going to run up and down the court for 40 mins? "Baseline to Baseline"? :dunno I could've sworn his UTEP teams were scoring 80 points a game.

I just get so frustrated with the offensive ineptitude all of Doc's teams have shown. They ALWAYS go through a stretch in a game, at least 4 mins long where they don't score a basket! How does that happen in college ball?! Just throw the ball down to the blocks and look for something easy!

Isn't every year supposed to be Doc's breakout year? I think a lot of fans get excited for no reason because he brings in some foriegn recruits with a lot of hype (good players, but not game changers), but come on, NCAA championship teams are built around home-grown kids. Foreign basketball is a completely different game then American.

I totally agree. The players who play in the foreign leagues are mostly finesse players, usually very good fundamentally but not very physical. American basketball has evolved into a very physical game.

Isn't every year supposed to be Doc's breakout year? I think a lot of fans get excited for no reason because he brings in some foriegn recruits with a lot of hype (good players, but not game changers), but come on, NCAA championship teams are built around home-grown kids. Foreign basketball is a completely different game then American.

I totally agree. The players who play in the foreign leagues are mostly finesse players, usually very good fundamentally but not very physical. American basketball has evolved into a very physical game.

Did they lose again?

the game tonight was a joke. up ten points in the second half against IOWA STATE and you still manage to piss it down your leg?!?! Really?!?! F*cking pathetic. I've never brought a sign to a game, but I believe I will saturday. It will simply say: F*CKING PATHETIC

After reading your post, two questions come to mind.

1. How do you really feel?

2. Did NU lose?

Before you answer, put down the knife slowly, take two steps back, count to 12, then give me an answer.

the game tonight was a joke. up ten points in the second half against IOWA STATE and you still manage to piss it down your leg?!?! Really?!?! F*cking pathetic. I've never brought a sign to a game, but I believe I will saturday. It will simply say: F*CKING PATHETIC

After reading your post, two questions come to mind.

1. How do you really feel?

2. Did NU lose?

Before you answer, put down the knife slowly, take two steps back, count to 12, then give me an answer.

vince, you managed to put a smile on my face. i even chuckled slightly. one of my favorite lines is "how do you really feel?". oh wow, i feel i'm about to go to the looney bin. i spent a couple hours losing my mind watching the game, got online to vent on a message board, couldn't think of anything to write, am home alone so i had no one to vent to, and now i'm sitting here reading comments from Vince from ShamWow and beginning to laugh histerically. i've f*cking lost it, gone nuts, and it's all thanks to doc sadler and vince from shamwow. i'm going to bed, vince. Night all!

p.s. - yes, NU did lose and it took counting to 25 before i could even loosen my grip on the knife

Last nights game was Nebraska basketball to a T. Always seem to be playing for only 25-30 minutes a game and not a full 40. I don't see them winning another game this season, I think that was their last legitimate chance to get that treasured 2nd victory in Big XII play. :facepalm: