What is wrong with the mens team?

Not a bad post, though I could care less what TV pundits say, and when was the last time you heard any one of those bag on a coach? I would bet never!

He game plans well, yes, BUT he is not getting those players to convert that plan like he wants. I am pretty sure he isn't game planning scoring droughts, I am sure he isn't game planning the number of turn overs each week.

Recruiting is a very large part of coaching.

How many players has Doc had go on to the next level? Seriously, I'm really not sure on this one...

How long did it take KSU to turn things around? Do they have better facilities than NU? Time will tell if that lasts of course, nevertheless, they will be dancing while we won't even make the NIT with our "good" coach.

They never bag on another coach, but they don't go out of their way to say the exact same things over and over for other coaches like many of them do for doc. as for your turnover statement, turn overs under doc have actually been good, especially this year before the last five games or so. and the ksu thing has been discussed (i thot in this thread but maybe it was a different one), it took them one year BUT they hired an aau coach, bringing in recruits with him. THIS IS NOW ILLEGAL, because it enabled teams like ksu to essentially buy a few good players to turn things around in one year.

11.5, 12

average turnovers/game the last two years (and if you take out the last five games, as i said, this years average would be less than 12 also). not great, but you can win with 11 turn overs a game. you cannot win with 7 minute scoring droughts every game. but your point is well taken, the turnovers arent as good as i was thinking

11.5, 12

average turnovers/game the last two years (and if you take out the last five games, as i said, this years average would be less than 12 also). not great, but you can win with 11 turn overs a game. you cannot win with 7 minute scoring droughts every game. but your point is well taken, the turnovers arent as good as i was thinking

No, you made some good points that made me stop and think.. I am just trying to find a reason behind this madness. :dunno

I see very little continuity and teamwork on this team. If you look at the top ranked teams and other teams doing well, they for the most part, play the same starting five and have the same guys coming off the bench in the same order in each and every game.

Doc seems to shuffle the starting line ups, and who comes off the bench and when more so than any other coach.

Maybe if Doc identified a starting line up and stuck with it, the team would mesh and gel rather than play as though they haven't played together.

I see very little continuity and teamwork on this team. If you look at the top ranked teams and other teams doing well, they for the most part, play the same starting five and have the same guys coming off the bench in the same order in each and every game.

Doc seems to shuffle the starting line ups, and who comes off the bench and when more so than any other coach.

Maybe if Doc identified a starting line up and stuck with it, the team would mess and gel rather than play as though they haven't played together.

Well put!!!!!

For me the reason behind this madness is pointing towards Doc, he gets another season but that is it.

Part of being a good coach is getting your players to execute that game plan you created ... that is not happening.

I want NU to be the best, I don't care who is coaching, NU comes first. If Tom O thinks Doc should stay longer then OK..

Pathetic. Totally disgusting and pathetic.

36, 36 games. That's how many straight CU had lost on the road in the conference. Well, scratch that off off the boards. Not even close either, a nice comfy 13 point win.

This season can't end soon enough for this bums. Absolutely embarrassing.