What is wrong with the mens team?

Roburt Sallie #3 G

2009-10 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

10.9 2 .398 3.9 0.6 1.9

Career

Has played in 36 games ... Averaging 5.8 points and 1.6 rebounds ... Has 27 assists, 11 blocked shots and 27 steals ... Shooting 41.4 percent from the floor, 47 percent from the three-point line and 80.8 percent from the free throw line.

Roburt Sallie #3 G

2009-10 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

10.9 2 .398 3.9 0.6 1.9

Career

Has played in 36 games ... Averaging 5.8 points and 1.6 rebounds ... Has 27 assists, 11 blocked shots and 27 steals ... Shooting 41.4 percent from the floor, 47 percent from the three-point line and 80.8 percent from the free throw line.

plays on a team that doesn't need him to be "that guy." he has a completely different role to fill there than he would have here. what you need to look at are his percentages and ability - i'd say 50% from 3 point line and 10 3s in a tourney game is decent ability

Roburt Sallie #3 G

2009-10 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

10.9 2 .398 3.9 0.6 1.9

Career

plays on a team that doesn't need him to be "that guy." he has a completely different role to fill there than he would have here. what you need to look at are his percentages and ability - i'd say 50% from 3 point line and 10 3s in a tourney game is decent ability

Are you saying they are sitting a "go to" player because they don't "need him"? They are so stocked that they can just sit "go to" guys? Really?

Hmm, checking the Memphis stats, I see he is actually playing the 2nd most on the team... So he sits for a total of roughly 9 minutes a game...

i will say that post I made regarding his career was for 2008 season.. This year he is averaging 11.2

Roburt Sallie #3 G

2009-10 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

10.9 2 .398 3.9 0.6 1.9

Career

Are you saying they are sitting a "go to" player because they don't "need him"? They are so stocked that they can just sit "go to" guys? Really?

Hmm, checking the Memphis stats, I see he is actually playing the 2nd most on the team... So he sits for a total of roughly 9 minutes a game...

i will say that post I made regarding his career was for 2008 season.. This year he is averaging 11.2

At no point he said they were sitting him. He just said that he doesn't have a role that makes him be the go to guy and the shooter of the team. HIis role is to create mainly for Colemon. Williams would be considered the go to guy for Memphis.

Roburt Sallie #3 G

2009-10 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

10.9 2 .398 3.9 0.6 1.9

Career

At no point he said they were sitting him. He just said that he doesn't have a role that makes him be the go to guy and the shooter of the team. HIis role is to create mainly for Colemon. Williams would be considered the go to guy for Memphis.

True, my mistake!

I will just say I am not one that thinks.. "one more player and we are set. Sallie or not".

It is my opinion we need several. We will never make much noise without an inside force!

I am not sold on Doc. I see numerous things that have not changed one bit since he got here.

Roburt Sallie #3 G

2009-10 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

10.9 2 .398 3.9 0.6 1.9

Career

True, my mistake!

I will just say I am not one that thinks.. "one more player and we are set. Sallie or not".

It is my opinion we need several. We will never make much noise without an inside force!

I am not sold on Doc. I see numerous things that have not changed one bit since he got here.

There's no doubt Sallie would help out the team, even if you don't think the 11.2 ppg is that impressive, it would have still been an unbelievable addition for this offense. And I agree with you, Elliot Williams is the guy for Memphis, Sallie and the others jsut compliment him.

Does anyone else find it annoying that Doc plays Lance Jeter so much. He has a bad shot and always takes it to the hoop and gets rejected. He about blew the game against TT, but luckily got bailed out on a foul call.

It is very obvious that Doc has his favorites and that is not good.

Roburt Sallie #3 G

2009-10 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

10.9 2 .398 3.9 0.6 1.9

Career

True, my mistake!

There's no doubt Sallie would help out the team, even if you don't think the 11.2 ppg is that impressive, it would have still been an unbelievable addition for this offense. And I agree with you, Elliot Williams is the guy for Memphis, Sallie and the others jsut compliment him.

Very true, he (or anyone) would have helped, alot, which in itself is saying alot. ANYONE would be a help to this team. Recruiting has been plain BAD! Yes, we lost a few "good ones" but you don't think that comes with the territory? You don't think all schools have to deal with the very same issues we are?

The sooner we stop making excuses, the sooner we fix this thing.

Very true, he (or anyone) would have helped, alot, which in itself is saying alot. ANYONE would be a help to this team. Recruiting has been plain BAD! Yes, we lost a few "good ones" but you don't think that comes with the territory? You don't think all schools have to deal with the very same issues we are?

We are fans, we're not going to fix anything, and doc isn't making excuses. He himself has said he needs to get guys that can score better.

In regards to the Lance Jeter conversation: Lance has had some bone-headed turnovers the last few games and he does not shoot some 3s that don't exactly make me happy, BUT other than b-rich who is going to handle the ball? I cringe when half the guys touch the ball. You can't have brandon as the point cause doc wants him scoring from the 2 or 3 rather than handling the ball. looking at the entire season as a whole, i'd say lance has done a pretty good job. 7 games or so into conference play he had one of the leading assist/to ratios in all the conference, and that was against some decent competition.

We are fans, we're not going to fix anything, and doc isn't making excuses. He himself has said he needs to get guys that can score better.

Then why hasn't he?

I'll cut Doc some slack ... for now. Next year will be different!

Nobody has said a word about why they feel Doc is a "good coach".

Then why hasn't he?

The reason he hasn't gotten that guy yet has been discussed over and over in other topics. Lack of tradition, support, facilities, etc. And yes, i'm frustrated he hasn't gotten that guy yet, also.

Doc is a good coach because he game plans well and gets his players to give 110% night in and night out. He does some questionable things, sure, but what coach doesn't? If you ever listen to a big xii teleconference, tv announcers, or read national/regional writers' articles about doc, every single one of them praises doc for getting nobodies to compete with teams that have FAR more talent. People (including me) question doc's thinking behind playing time, clock management, etc. but the bottom line is he somehow gets trash players to compete against the likes of kansas, k-state, texas, etc. The only real knock you can have on doc at this point is recruiting, because if you watch the games it is obvious that the majority of the time if the talent level were equal he'd be winning.

Then why hasn't he?

The reason he hasn't gotten that guy yet has been discussed over and over in other topics. Lack of tradition, support, facilities, etc. And yes, i'm frustrated he hasn't gotten that guy yet, also.

Doc is a good coach because he game plans well and gets his players to give 110% night in and night out. He does some questionable things, sure, but what coach doesn't? If you ever listen to a big xii teleconference, tv announcers, or read national/regional writers' articles about doc, every single one of them praises doc for getting nobodies to compete with teams that have FAR more talent. People (including me) question doc's thinking behind playing time, clock management, etc. but the bottom line is he somehow gets trash players to compete against the likes of kansas, k-state, texas, etc. The only real knock you can have on doc at this point is recruiting, because if you watch the games it is obvious that the majority of the time if the talent level were equal he'd be winning.

Not a bad post, though I could care less what TV pundits say, and when was the last time you heard any one of those bag on a coach? I would bet never!

He game plans well, yes, BUT he is not getting those players to convert that plan like he wants. I am pretty sure he isn't game planning scoring droughts, I am sure he isn't game planning the number of turn overs each week.

Recruiting is a very large part of coaching.

How many players has Doc had go on to the next level? Seriously, I'm really not sure on this one...

How long did it take KSU to turn things around? Do they have better facilities than NU? Time will tell if that lasts of course, nevertheless, they will be dancing while we won't even make the NIT with our "good" coach.