Gordon back with the Huskers for another year?

I know theres another thread related to this topic, but I didnt see it mentioned in that article that there is actually still a chance AG could end up playing for the 'skers 1 more year - which IMO is pretty big news. Apparently the Royals arent accommodating his wishes so he's enrolled for fall classes at the U, and if he shows up for class on Monday morning his deal with the Royals is a wash. I didnt realize a player could still come back to NCAA baseball after declaring for the draft and being drafted - but apparently its not the same as football.

Anyone else know any other details? If you see him around campus Monday let us know.

WICHITA, Kan. - Royals first-round pick Alex Gordon said Wednesday that he has registered for classes at the University of Nebraska and doesn't expect to play minor-league baseball this season.

If Gordon, the No. 2 overall pick in June's draft, attends class starting Monday, the Royals lose his rights, and he goes back into the 2006 draft pool. He is eligible to play one more season for the Cornhuskers.

"I don't think I will," Gordon, a third baseman, said by phone from Lincoln, Neb. "But I'm enrolled in classes."

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aberdeenne...ts/12410386.htm

Until you sign a professional contract, you are eligible to play amateur sports. Gordon could come back to Nebraska, but I don't see it happening. His draft stock isn't going to get any better than it was this year. I don't really know where the snag is with him and KC. The Royals invited him down last weekend to meet with George Brett and everyone and he declined because his parents and agents couldn't make it. I guess this crap is becoming more and more common. Stephen Drew and Jered Weaver held out till May and signed a deal. They were #13-#17 picks and they thought they deserved #1 pick money. Maybe Gordon wants some huge bonus that the Royals don't want to pay. The way KC is playing, I think if Gordon signed today they would pencil him in batting 3rd and playing 3rd for the big league club. I think the Royals need to pull their heads out of their asses and give him some cash.

I have heard that Gordon enrolled for the fall semester but as far as actual sightings I haven't heard anything. I'm pretty sure he'll still be eligible for 1 more year because kids can get drafted out of high school and still have to option to attend college even though they have an agent.