I'm Done

I've been trying and trying and trying to give doc and the team support. I've tried to remain optimistic for next year. I've tried to defend both doc and the team. (For the record, I'm still holding on to some hope that next year could be a pleasant surprise) I will no longer support doc or this team when I hear someone bashing them. They deserve. They are horrible. No other way to put it. After attending tonights game, it looks like next year could be just as bad. It looked to me like about five guys were ready to sign transfer papers tonight, and the others looked like they won't care enough to try and improve during the offseason. Hope I'm wrong. Either way, I will no longer attempt to defend this pathetic excuse for a division i men's basketball team. Hope they win Saturday, run throught the big xii, make the tourney and win it all, and I will cheer for them like crazy come game time, but they don't deserve fan support right now. Pathetic

• Fire 1

also, i would like a refund. i didn't pay hundreds of dollars to watch a team give 30 percent effort and embarass themselves and the fans who try to support them. doc saying "sorry to the fans" doesn't give me back any money or the hours i wasted on that game. i'm serious, i want a f*cking refund

I've been trying and trying and trying to give doc and the team support. I've tried to remain optimistic for next year. I've tried to defend both doc and the team. (For the record, I'm still holding on to some hope that next year could be a pleasant surprise) I will no longer support doc or this team when I hear someone bashing them. They deserve. They are horrible. No other way to put it. After attending tonights game, it looks like next year could be just as bad. It looked to me like about five guys were ready to sign transfer papers tonight, and the others looked like they won't care enough to try and improve during the offseason. Hope I'm wrong. Either way, I will no longer attempt to defend this pathetic excuse for a division i men's basketball team. Hope they win Saturday, run throught the big xii, make the tourney and win it all, and I will cheer for them like crazy come game time, but they don't deserve fan support right now. Pathetic

Actually, rumor is 3 are going to transfer.

Ive heard 5. Just saying though. Could be wrong.

Ive heard 5. Just saying though. Could be wrong.

If 5 transfer, there is certainly going to be no improvment made from this year to next. I wonder if it's worth keepin Doc around if that many transfer...thats quite a blow to team chemistry and it's pretty much starting over again. We all know he can't get high profile offensive threat to come to town. I just hope it doesn't turn into a lost cause...or is it already?

Numbers are skewed. I think it all depends if Doc is here next year or not.

Also that fine but if you decide to quit awesome but I would never do it. I am as much of a credic as anyone but I am not done with this team. Sure they frustrate me a lot and I have quit on Doc but I would never quit on the team itself. Just isn't my style.

i've never called for doc to be fired (altho i'm extremely close right now, which i never thot i'd say), but if 5 or more guys are not here next year (transfer or quit, or 6 guys if injury is involved) then get rid of him. he can barely develop a team and get it to win, if he starts from scratch again might as well try it with a new coach (just two weeks ago i never thot i'd be talkin like this)

What concerns me the most is Okie Lite is the youngest team in the Big 12 yet they have improved over the season. The NU youth excuse just doesn't cut it.

i understand what you're saying, i really do, but you can't compare NU freshmen to OSu freshmen because of recruiting advantages (facilities, tradition, support, etc.). if four years down the road turner gill has a team of all freshmen/sophomores next year and goes 5-7 and lane kiffin plays all freshmen and goes 10-2 would you be saying "what the hell is wrong with turner, he can't use the young excuse because look at usc." no, you wouldn't say that because usc has tradition, ku has nothing. you would say, "whoa, look out, in four years turner's team could be scary." i realize the two sports have their differences, but i think that's a pretty fair comparison. there's gonna be people who say "yeah, but football takes 11 guys, bball only takes that one guy, so on and so forth" BUT, football coaches are competing against 100 other teams for guys, doc is competing against 300+ schools for players (yes he is even competing against the lowest of mid-major schools, because high school bball players don't give two sh*ts about nebraska basketball, why would they?)

What concerns me the most is Okie Lite is the youngest team in the Big 12 yet they have improved over the season. The NU youth excuse just doesn't cut it.

i understand what you're saying, i really do, but you can't compare NU freshmen to OSu freshmen because of recruiting advantages (facilities, tradition, support, etc.). if four years down the road turner gill has a team of all freshmen/sophomores next year and goes 5-7 and lane kiffin plays all freshmen and goes 10-2 would you be saying "what the hell is wrong with turner, he can't use the young excuse because look at usc." no, you wouldn't say that because usc has tradition, ku has nothing. you would say, "whoa, look out, in four years turner's team could be scary." i realize the two sports have their differences, but i think that's a pretty fair comparison. there's gonna be people who say "yeah, but football takes 11 guys, bball only takes that one guy, so on and so forth" BUT, football coaches are competing against 100 other teams for guys, doc is competing against 300+ schools for players (yes he is even competing against the lowest of mid-major schools, because high school bball players don't give two sh*ts about nebraska basketball, why would they?)

No I wouldn't say that all and you cannot compare Okie Lite b-ball to USC football.

But still, Okie Lite got better as the season went along and NU didn't. I'm not looking for an NCAA appearance. Well yes I am. However I am looking for improvement. Where OSU got better NU got worse.

No I wouldn't say that all and you cannot compare Okie Lite b-ball to USC football.

But still, Okie Lite got better as the season went along and NU didn't. I'm not looking for an NCAA appearance. Well yes I am. However I am looking for improvement. Where OSU got better NU got worse.

got it, i understand what you're saying now

The irony of this post and your handle kills me.