Doc says "I'm Sorry"

Nebraska coach Doc Sadler apologized to fans after Tuesday's dismal 81-68 loss to Colorado.

"I am so, so sorry -- and it's my responsibility -- to put that type of performance on the floor," Sadler said.

"I don't ask a lot. I don't ask you to make shots, but we're going to compete, because that's a character deal. Beyond basketball, in life, you've got to compete. It ain't going to be easy."

Sadler has called for a 5 a.m. practice on Wednesday.

"We're going to go to work, and we're going to work hard. We're going to work hard and we're going to come back on Friday and do the same things and we're going to work hard. It's the only thing I know how to do, is roll up your sleeves and go to work, because that right there is inexcusable."

Maybe you should ask them to make shots, also, what the hell good is a 5am practice going to do with 2 games left? Maybe you should have lit that fire like mid season!

I didn't see the game but it sounds like players kind of hung it up on Doc, 5am practice will surely fix that, right? :o

Couple that with rumors of players leaving... not good!

I don't know what's wrong with this team, but something sure is. Definitely they don't have a go-to scoring threat, but it goes way beyond that. I watched about half of the second half until I just had to turn it off. I saw SO MANY ball-handling mistakes, over and over. Dumb plays, defensive lapses, lazy or just flat bad passing, systemic breakdowns on offense and defense...

It was a painful game to watch. Whatever is wrong with this team, it needs to get fixed. As a University we can't put a product like this on the floor. What a horrible representation of this school.

I think the kids are frankly giving up on Doc. Ive heard that they are tired of his practices like this. Maybe if they werent worn out for the games they would be worth a damn. Just like calling full blown practices the morning of games. what are you proving, really? Im sorry Doc, but youve called enough of these "punishment" practices this season with no result. Maybe its time to try something new.

I think the kids are frankly giving up on Doc. Ive heard that they are tired of his practices like this. Maybe if they werent worn out for the games they would be worth a damn. Just like calling full blown practices the morning of games. what are you proving, really? Im sorry Doc, but youve called enough of these "punishment" practices this season with no result. Maybe its time to try something new.

Maybe if they would make their shots, play stellar D, and rebound on both sides of the court they wouldn't have practices like they did this morning.

• Fire 1

Maybe if they would make their shots, play stellar D, and rebound on both sides of the court they wouldn't have practices like they did this morning.

+1 to you Vince, nobody is happy with the way this team has performed this year. But that does not mean that the coach quits coaching if a 5 am practice is need than he needs to call a 5 am practices no matter how many games are left.

+1 to you Vince, nobody is happy with the way this team has performed this year. But that does not mean that the coach quits coaching if a 5 am practice is need than he needs to call a 5 am practices no matter how many games are left.

Im not trying to argue the fact that they suck..and dont deserve to be treated well. But This started early in the season as well. Evidently they havent learned, maybe its time to try something different. I like Docs hard working mentality, but you cant put this season all on the kids. Maybe they have given up. But I highly doubt that all of them are punks that dont like to work hard, something has to be wrong coaching wise.

We have an okay skill set, definitely better than last place. I hate to think that Doc is trying to save his job with this kind of talk and punishment, but it looks like thats what is happening. Even if he already is guranteed next year. If you dont have a good relationship with your players during the season, good luck on trying to get them to improve in the off season.