Osborne not asleep at the switch

"Osborne did say "it's hard for me to believe that Texas could get a better deal" than it has in the Big 12. He cited the Longhorns' strong recruiting base, large population base, the way they're situated geographically in the Big 12 and the fact the conference playoff game is held at Cowboys Stadium."

Yeah, nevermind the fact that the Big 8 bent over like a cheap whore and gave them everything they've wanted. I'd like to see NU, KU & OU all leave so Texas can have the big pile of crap that is left.

wow, now that would be some $hit, right there! chuckleshuffle

It would be a much easier conference to win in for: 1) football 2) basketball (at least this year) 3) baseball 4) volleyball (except for Penn State).

:LOLtartar Seriously? You think our two-conference-win basketball team would perform better in the Big 10 than the Big 12?

(Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on all other counts. But no way our basketball team would do better in the Big 10.)

It would be a much easier conference to win in for: 1) football 2) basketball (at least this year) 3) baseball 4) volleyball (except for Penn State).

:LOLtartar Seriously? You think our two-conference-win basketball team would perform better in the Big 10 than the Big 12?

(Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on all other counts. But no way our basketball team would do better in the Big 10.)

Don't get me wrong, I know that our men's b-ball team is a disaster and NO win will come easy, but I think that the Big 12 is a stronger basketball conference than the Big 10. That's all I was saying.

I did overlook the fact that fotball recruiting would be more difficult in the Big 10. My bad.

On the upside, I wouldn't have to pay a million bucks in pay-per-view fees each season to watch Husker games anymore. :clap I'd also get to watch the Huskers kick the ever living crap out of these Big 10 teams each year and remind my co-workers after each stomping with a "STILL think you play real football in the Big 10????" :nutz That'd be priceless.....

As for recruiting in Texas......when Nebraska ruled the land, Texas wasn't even in our conference. We got along JUSSST fine (see trophy case). Some people forget that and need to be reminded. There's nothing that I'd love more than to give Texas the Big Red Weenie and then renew the OU rivalry as even a yearly non-conference match up. A guy can dream, right?

• Fire 1

"Osborne did say "it's hard for me to believe that Texas could get a better deal" than it has in the Big 12. He cited the Longhorns' strong recruiting base, large population base, the way they're situated geographically in the Big 12 and the fact the conference playoff game is held at Cowboys Stadium."

Yeah, nevermind the fact that the Big 8 bent over like a cheap whore and gave them everything they've wanted. I'd like to see NU, KU & OU all leave so Texas can have the big pile of crap that is left.

So basically TO is restating all the reasons he was not in favor of the Big 12 when it formulated. Dr. Tom, we know how you feel.

Don't get me wrong, I know that our men's b-ball team is a disaster and NO win will come easy, but I think that the Big 12 is a stronger basketball conference than the Big 10. That's all I was saying.

I did overlook the fact that fotball recruiting would be more difficult in the Big 10. My bad.

I think that one benefit of being in the Big 10 would be BETTER basketball recruiting, like being in the Big 12 is better for football recruiting.