If MU & CU leave who will replace them in the BIg 12?

I think that TCU would be high on the list, but then we would probably have to choose between Tulsa, Houston, Wyoming, or Air Force

I doubt that Utah would join the Big XII over the Pac 10, and I think they'd definitely be offered a spot in that league

This is probably a stupid thought, but I would prefer we went after a smaller school that has a commitment to athletics and would actually put some money towards their programs instead of trying to add a Wyoming or Air Force

A school like Northern Iowa, in the long run, would field more competitive teams in more sports like men's bb or volleyball than any of the other regional CUSA or Mountain West Schools

NOT 2 TEXAS SCHOOLS. the conference is already all about texas as it is.

Good point. I was trying to avoid adding a crappy team like CSU in hopes of boosting up the north some with the oklahoma teams. But I would take the wins. :thumbs

dont get me wrong, some quality teams would be great but its just not good for us if everything is based in texas and who is to say that these other teams wont get better once they start making big 12 money etc...

NOT 2 TEXAS SCHOOLS. the conference is already all about texas as it is.

Good point. I was trying to avoid adding a crappy team like CSU in hopes of boosting up the north some with the oklahoma teams. But I would take the wins. :thumbs

dont get me wrong, some quality teams would be great but its just not good for us if everything is based in texas and who is to say that these other teams wont get better once they start making big 12 money etc...

How about CSU and Iowa? I was born and spent half my childhood in the hawkeye state. Kind of partial to them and I like to root for them in the little 11. I think it would be a competitive game each year, but seriously doubt they would move.

Iowa joining the Big 12? Isn't the Big Ten trying to expand? Not swap teams?

Im pretty sure the Big 12 wants to stay away from adding two new Texas teams to the conference. I would like to see OU return to the north, and let OSU come in as well. But i just don't see it happening without adding another Texas team to that. If we lose either CU or MU, i think what is really going to happen. OSU comes to the north, and the TCu is added as another Texas southern conference team.

I don't think the Big 12 will move OU back to the north, there is too much money and publicity with the Red River rivalry between Texas and OU, unfortunately.

Honestly i would rather see MU and CU stay in the Big 12 than leave and having a whole readjustment to the conference if we lose both teams.

Iowa joining the Big 12? Isn't the Big Ten trying to expand? Not swap teams?

Im pretty sure the Big 12 wants to stay away from adding two new Texas teams to the conference. I would like to see OU return to the north, and let OSU come in as well. But i just don't see it happening without adding another Texas team to that. If we lose either CU or MU, i think what is really going to happen. OSU comes to the north, and the TCu is added as another Texas southern conference team.

I don't think the Big 12 will move OU back to the north, there is too much money and publicity with the Red River rivalry between Texas and OU, unfortunately.

Honestly i would rather see MU and CU stay in the Big 12 than leave and having a whole readjustment to the conference if we lose both teams.

I agree. That seems like the best option without causing a lot of chaos.

You know if they want to add two more Texas schools, we might as well split back up into two conferences again. The Big Six and the Texas Conference.

Big Six:

Nebraska

Kansas

Kansas State

Iowa State

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Texas Conference:

Texas

Texas Tech

Texas A&M

Baylor

TCU

Houston

You know if they want to add two more Texas schools, we might as well split back up into two conferences again. The Big Six and the Texas Conference.

Big Six:

Nebraska

Kansas

Kansas State

Iowa State

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Texas Conference:

Texas

Texas Tech

Texas A&M

Baylor

TCU

Houston

Might as well add SMU and Rice to the Texas conference since that usually is the horns non-conference schedule.

Just remembered UTEP also.

Edited by Chucktown Husker