Huskers and Depth chart

kramer

There obviously is a depth chart, but its just not being given to the press or the public. Why?

1) To confuse our opponents -- based on last years record, I doubt it!

2) Because there is something to hide -- nope, never was a fan of wacky conspiracy theories.

3) To tee off the press -- doubt it, there is always something to write about... like why there is no depth chart and what that means.

4) To anger the loyal fans -- nope! I personnally think that fans have MORE to talk about without the depth chart.

5) To promote competition among players... GOOD IDEA.

6) To build team unity (everyone gets a chance to prove themselves) ... ANOTHER GOOD IDEA.

I vote for items #5 and 6...... Now why is BC giving out those yellow jerseys?

Stuckinchicago and BigRedJake, he simply still doesn't get it even though i broke it down for him. The coaches came in and said they would honor the scholarships already offered. Just because a coach decides to keep the Universities word and honor a scholarship, that makes them "HIS GUYS?" If Callahan had done that and turned away the guys who were already committed, we would have ended up with only 10 recruits that year (the ones recruited by Callahan and his staff).

That's why for the sake of your "cough" argument, i mentioned only the ones recruited by Bill Callahan and his staff ONLY.

Formerfan tried to mix 2 things up (when i clearly stated what i was talking about) and when he got caught, is trying to backpeddle his way to shore so he doesn't sink in his own argument.

By the way, the Tommy Tuberville reference for a National Championship is clear. They were robbed by the BCS, plain and simple. At the least, they should have earned a share of the title, but by god, that would mean 2 split titles in 2 years and the death of the BCS. You think ABC wants that?

Like I said, I was referring to the 3 All American caliber players whom were then referred to as "cancers."

Fabian was a 3 time Honorable Mention All Big 12 player.(maybe Third team in 03) I don't know if that is All American caliber. Just a thought.

Anyway back to the topic. I don't care if there is a Depth Chart released until the week of the Maine game. I also don't care if the media get to go to practice or not. If I was Callahan I wouldn't let the media in either.

I think the secrecy is due to the fact that BC is recruiting space aliens from Area 51. They just havent done too well on the SAT's. :smokin

Once they get the anti-gravity suits in place look out. The depth chart will have to be 3-D. :lol:

Once the first football is kicked the depth chart is history. Adapt and overcome.

:thumbs

:horns2

GBR

Like I said, I was referring to the 3 All American caliber players whom were then referred to as "cancers."

Fabian was a 3 time Honorable Mention All Big 12 player.(maybe Third team in 03) I don't know if that is All American caliber. Just a thought.

The point is debatable, but if he was a first round draft choice, and ran the fastest 40 since Dieon(sp?) Sanders, IMO, that would make him All-American caliber. :cheers

The coaches came in and said they would honor the scholarships already offered. Just because a coach decides to keep the Universities word and honor a scholarship, that makes them "HIS GUYS?" If Callahan had done that and turned away the guys who were already committed, we would have ended up with only 10 recruits that year (the ones recruited by Callahan and his staff).

That's why for the sake of your "cough" argument, i mentioned only the ones recruited by Bill Callahan and his staff ONLY.

My bad, to me it was unclear which 3 guys you were referring to. I tought that you were talking about the supposed cancers that I talked about earlier, and you werent. Noted :thumbs

is trying to backpeddle his way to shore so he doesn't sink in his own argument

Now if you want to see a backpeddle, read this quote "By the way, the Tommy Tuberville reference for a National Championship is clear. They were robbed by the BCS, plain and simple."

Or how about when you said that FS "managed" only 2 4* recruits his last 5 years, and I listed 10 for you out of his last 2 classes. Then you agrued about that meaning of the word "managed." That was a true backpeddle, bud :box

Sigh..you still don't get the Auburn remark..that's ok, i'm sure you will figure it out if you read it a few more times.

Yeah, you said they won a NC. They didnt. Facts, plain and simple.

If you would have said that they should have played for a NC, or they were strong contenders for a NC, that would have been one thing.

But you didnt, you blantantly made an untrue statement, again.

Yeah, you said they won a NC. They didnt. Facts, plain and simple
Ahh i see, gotcha. So when you say something that you believe should be true and try to convince other people, then it's ok because you believe in it, but when it comes to someone else, then it's a double standard. Gotcha ;)

If you would have said that they should have played for a NC, or they were strong contenders for a NC, that would have been one thing

Sorrry, but i don't deviate from the original topic question. Unlike some people (we all know who i am talking about), i prefer to stay in topic and not derail it. Had i "made that statement", that would have took the topic to a whole different issue (whether Auburn deserved a split title or not) and i wasn't about ready to posion someone else's thread with it. If you have a debate you would like to present on last years national title, then please open up a topic on the issue in the more sports forum and we can discuss it there. Otherwise don't attack the poster simply because you don't agree with their point of view.

Attack the post, not the poster.

Thanks, have a nice day :thumbs

After reading all that i think I forgot what the original topic was about. Oh yeah, depth chart. Who cares if they haven't released an official depth chart. Everyone will see who the #1's are when they announce the starting lineup during the maine game. I agree with several of the posters here that the coaches are trying to promote competition and not give anyone the idea that a position is taken. Let everybody battle their a$$'s off and may the best man win.

Yeah, you said they won a NC. They didnt. Facts, plain and simple
If you would have said that they should have played for a NC, or they were strong contenders for a NC, that would have been one thing

Had i "made that statement", that would have took the topic to a whole different issue (whether Auburn deserved a split title or not) and i wasn't about ready to posion someone else's thread with it. If you have a debate you would like to present on last years national title, then please open up a topic on the issue in the more sports forum and we can discuss it there. Otherwise don't attack the poster simply because you don't agree with their point of view.

Attack the post, not the poster.

Thanks, have a nice day :thumbs

Ya know, I hate to do this, but I have to side with the former once again. Post factual correct information and you won't have to deal with someone calling you on it. Auburn didn't win a title or even a share of a title last year. What's your problem, bud? :blink:

As far as the depth chart being held secret, I think it really makes no difference. We will find out who starts soon, although I think most guys will play early and often against Maine.

Ya know, I hate to do this, but I have to side with the former once again.   Post factual correct information and you won't have to deal with someone calling you on it.  Auburn didn't win a title or even a share of a title last year.  What's your problem, bud? :blink:

I wasn't posting factual information, i was posting an opinion (i think some people are missing that point). Whether some people agreed with the opinion or not, is another matter all together. Like i mentioned, anyone is free to open up a discussion on the topic in the more sports forum and i will be glad to discuss it. I don't know what more to say on the issue that i have already said twice