Phillips 66 All-Big 12 Men's Basketball Awards

would you expect any less?? can you think of one player for nebraska that would deserve mention?

I think the biggest waste is Collins being on the first team. There are a number of guards in the Big 12 who were better than he was this year, Higgins from CU being who I would have put up there.

would you expect any less?? can you think of one player for nebraska that would deserve mention?

I think the biggest waste is Collins being on the first team. There are a number of guards in the Big 12 who were better than he was this year, Higgins from CU being who I would have put up there.

pretty sure the "really?!!??!" had this :sarcasm written all over it.

also, your Collins comment is ridiculous. You're just mad b/c not a single MU name showed up until the third team.

Higgins > Sherron Collins = :rollin

I think the biggest waste is Collins being on the first team. :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:rollin:rollin:rollin:wasted:wasted There are a number of guards in the Big 12 who were better than he was this year, Higgins from CU being who I would have put up there.

also, your Collins comment is ridiculous. You're just mad b/c not a single MU name showed up until the third team.

:yeah

if you think collins was first team worthy you are the one being laughed at. a 30% shooter with high turnovers and no where near the top guards in the league in scoring. thats pretty funny

As far as MU, they had nobody that deserved higher than they got. Not mad, its just I actually watch all the teams and lots of big 12, and am not just a ku homer

if you think collins was first team worthy you are the one being laughed at. a 30% shooter with high turnovers and no where near the top guards in the league in scoring. thats pretty funny

As far as MU, they had nobody that deserved higher than they got. Not mad, its just I actually watch all the teams and lots of big 12, and am not just a ku homer

Maybe his stats aren't quite there (I'm taking your word for it), but the guy runs the show for a 1 seed in the tourney. He is without a doubt the unquestioned leader of one of the best two or three teams in the nation. I personally hate collins with a deep, burning passion and would love to see him single-handedly cause KU to be upset in the first round of the tourney, only to go into manic depression and ruin his life. He's a cocky s.o.b. that needs to die - but if I'm being unbiased for a minute there's no way I can say he doesn't deserve 1st team honors. There are things that go into this other than shooting percentage

Player A -.429 from the field, .356 from 3, 2.6 boards p/g, 6.4 asts p/g, 20 steals, 0 blocks and 15.1 pts per game

Player B- .522 from the field, .310 from 3, 4.3 boards p/g, 2.1 asts p/g, 34 steals, 6 blocks and 19.4 per game

Player C- .383 from the field, .364 from 3, 1.9 boards p/g, 4.3 asts p/g, 16 steals, 2 blocks and 14.9 per game

Player D- .400 from the field, .355 from 3, 2.3 boards p/g, 3.7 asts p/g, 17 steals, 1 block and 17.7 per game

Player E -.346 from the field, .329 from 3, 3.7 boards p/g, 1.1 asts p/g, 16 steals, 3 blocks and 12.4 per game

Player F- .468 from the field, .475 from 3, 5.8 boards p/g, 1.3 asts p/g, 23 steals, 7 blocks and 20.7 per game

One of these players is Collins, the rest are the 2nd and 3rd team guards.

If you need a hint, collins is the one with the next to worst numbers

Big 12 had an awesome year player wise. I like the 5 that were selected for the first team but maybe replace Aldrich with Udoh. Anyone know why big 12 sports put 6 players on the teams that were selected? Makes no sense to me.

Also Collins is way better than Higgins but Higgins is still pretty good.

Maybe his stats aren't quite there (I'm taking your word for it), but the guy runs the show for a 1 seed in the tourney. He is without a doubt the unquestioned leader of one of the best two or three teams in the nation. I personally hate collins with a deep, burning passion and would love to see him single-handedly cause KU to be upset in the first round of the tourney, only to go into manic depression and ruin his life. He's a cocky s.o.b. that needs to die - but if I'm being unbiased for a minute there's no way I can say he doesn't deserve 1st team honors. There are things that go into this other than shooting percentage

I believe Ku won in spite of Collins on most nights. Dont get me wrong, he is good. He is better than any MU guard, but he is a me first guy who will take poor shots and barely hits the ones he takes. He puts Ku in bad positions and KU as a team is good enough that on most nights it doenst matter. But Dunn and Carter, and as I stated before Higgins all did more for their teams and had better numbers. Hell if either of those 3 had the talent surronding them that Collins does it wouldnt even be close. Fact of the matter is, that collins numbers and performance in the numbers I listed only better one of the gaurds below him on the 2nd and 3rd team and that player is Kim English. And mind you, English plays nearly 10 less minutes a game than everyone else on that list.

I just dont like it when a player rides his name or his teams wins to an honor. If Ku needs Collins to win them a game, they will be leaving the tourney early.

Player A -.429 from the field, .356 from 3, 2.6 boards p/g, 6.4 asts p/g, 20 steals, 0 blocks and 15.1 pts per game

Player B- .522 from the field, .310 from 3, 4.3 boards p/g, 2.1 asts p/g, 34 steals, 6 blocks and 19.4 per game

Player C- .383 from the field, .364 from 3, 1.9 boards p/g, 4.3 asts p/g, 16 steals, 2 blocks and 14.9 per game

Player D- .400 from the field, .355 from 3, 2.3 boards p/g, 3.7 asts p/g, 17 steals, 1 block and 17.7 per game

Player E -.346 from the field, .329 from 3, 3.7 boards p/g, 1.1 asts p/g, 16 steals, 3 blocks and 12.4 per game

Player F- .468 from the field, .475 from 3, 5.8 boards p/g, 1.3 asts p/g, 23 steals, 7 blocks and 20.7 per game

Ok, if you are throwing stats out there...let's looks at these stats:

Guard 1: leading scorer of a team that's 29-2 ranked number 1 in the country

Guard 2: leading scorer of a team that's 15-15 and not ranked by anyone on the planet

Who would you put higher?

if you think collins was first team worthy you are the one being laughed at.

obviously we are still laughing at you considering he did make the first team voted by the entire league.....sorry fro you can't win this argument just b/c you hate KU.

again, it's not JUST the stats. yes they play a huge part, but there's also the intangibles i.e. leading/holding together what is arguably the best team in the nation. he's the winningest player to come out of one of the greatest programs of all time. i hate ku with a passion, but if you put that aside you have to give it to the guy. but i guess they already did give it to him, so nothing else really needs to be said

If you need a hint, collins is the one with the next to worst numbers

By the way, where did you get these stats? Because Sherron's season stats are:

Sherron Collins- .423 from the field, .376 from 3, 2.0 boards p/g, 4.3 asts p/g, 37 steals, 2 blocks and 15.3 pts p/g

Linky if you don't believe me....