My fiancee and I have been talking about getting a Wii because we enjoyed playing it at my buddies house on New Years Eve (I highly wouldn't recommend playing the Wii while intoxicated). I happened to check out my yahoo page today and saw that the Playstation 3 will be introducing their version of the Wii's nunchuk sometime this fall and now I'm not gonna get a Wii. With the Playstation 3 with its graphics plus the new Playstation Move thats gonna be comparable to the Wii's and having a built in Blu Ray why would anybody want a Wii. I'll post the link below.

Playstation Move

Because the Wii game library is absolutely flooded with garbage, and it is cheap, so it makes it fun for families who think "OH WOW THIS IS SO MUCH FUN" but have no idea how much better it could be.

:yeah The Wii itself is so outclassed by the 360 and PS3 it's not even funny, their marketing just prays on older parents who don't know what good gaming is.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Wii and a PS3. My fiance wanted the Wii, so we asked for it for Christmas. Best thing about the Wii, you can get games for it from every console Nintendo has ever made. We have Super Mario Bros. (all 3 of the originals), Super Mario World for SNES, and Mario 64, plus Goldeneye from 64 and Mariokart from 64...

That made it worth it.

Different kinds of gaming. If I want to game seriously or play Madden/NCAA I'd go with probably PS3, maybe 360. But what you get with the Wii you don't get with the other systems are the infallible Nintendo classics such as the Mario and Zelda franchises. For the price, it's absolutely worth it if you're into those. I'm a big fan, personally, which is why I favor the wii. I don't have both because the only game I'd be interested in playing on the PS3 is NCAA. Which, though I'm really interested in playing it, it doesn't justify the cost for me.

Is it? That's unfortunate. I've only had the benefit of PC gaming in this regard so I've been out of the loop. I remember being pretty thoroughly unimpressed with the Madden effort on PC. OK gameplay, OK graphics, worthless franchise mode. Probably better on the consoles though.