DB James Poe

Player: James Poe

Hometown: Orlando, Florida

Position: DB

Height: 6-3

Weight: 225

40 time: 4.75

Visit Date: Oct. 29, 2005 (OU)

Scholarships offered: Nebrasla, Louisville, Florida, Iowa, West Virginia, Miss St, Ole Miss, Eastern Michigan

Favorites: Committed to Louisville

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: 37/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: N#96/ :star :star :star

Assessing the talent: James Poe can do it all. He's a linebacker, a defensive back, a running back and a WR. Last year, he finished with 133 carries for 670 yards and 5 touchdowns. He also caught 12 catches for 130 yards (avg 10.8 YPC) and 2 touchdowns. James poe made teams take note of him last year when he ran over a few guys when he played as a running back. Freedom high school runs the option offense and If he was being pursued by the old coaching staff, he might have already gave a verbal to Nebraska. He is being looked at as a pure defensive back by the coaching staff. Coach Randy Jordan has managed to get him to to visit during the Big12 season opener against Iowa St.

James is a 3 year starter and has game experience. Last season, his team finished a dissapointing 1-9 but return 17 starters this year. James Poe has caught the attention of coaches from Nebraska, Florida, Iowa and a few others" Athletic Director Lou Fiorelli said.

Freedom High school moved up to class 6A-5 two years ago and will be entering it's third season in this level, coach Andy Hamre feels he has the proper tools in place to make a run at the class 6A-5 title and a possible playoff spot.

"If there was a year that we could show we could play, it would be this year. We’re very excited, and the community, parents and faculty are as well. We’re a growing school in a new district. I’m excited to see what these guys can do" coach Hamre said.

Freedom in the past 2 years in the district has gotton off to a 1-18 start, but this year, with 17 starters returning, coaches around the district are now begining to take note. Winter park was the state champion runner up the past 3 years and won the class 6A-5 title last season. Freedom opened its football season on 8/19 against Winter Park and beat them 21-0. Next up on the schedule is Olympia this friday night. Olympia finished last season 7-3 and return several starters, but are under the guidance of a new head coach

Hamre said that work done in the spring and the summer has led to the elevated expectations.

“What has been done from January until now has been amazing,” he said. “This year we don’t look at the schedule and get overwhelmed. We don’t play anybody that makes us think, ‘This could be a long night

We’ve seen some of our last seniors here this fall working out. That’s important for a building program that is building a tradition at the same time.”

A pair of last year’s Patriots became Freedom’s first college signees. Strong safety Chris Campa signed with Division I Eastern Michigan, and lineman Mitch Murdock signed with Division III St. Olaf (Minn.) College.

Both Oak Ridge and Cypress Creek, also in District 6A-5 with Freedom, Gateway, Boone and Dr. Phillips, will have a new starting quarterback under center. Pioneers Coach Mark Jackson debuted junior Dominique Daniels in Oak Ridge’s spring game against Olympia in May.

I asked James on his top choices and where Nebraska stands

"Right now, i really like Florida. I talk to coach (Charlie) Strong every other day almost and we text message back and forth. Louisville is also recruiting me pretty hard and i like them too. I am going to schedule them for a visit. The only school that i have setup a visit to is Nebraska (10/1)"

One school he would definetly like to hear from are the Hurricanes, but he said he's not holding his breathe

"They have sent me a few letters, but nothing that shows me they have as much interest in me as i would like"

In the meantime, Nebraska fans will be looking forward to seeing James Poe in Lincoln in the next few weeks.

Odds of becoming a Husker: 20% -We have him penciled in for a visit and that's a big step forward. He also likes the tradition and the academics from what he's heard and is excited for the visit. If he doesn't end up a Gator, his next top choice is the Huskers from the tone of his voice.

######: Material is copywritted and no reproduction of this material is allowed

101.jpg

James Poe recruiting Video

4.75 40yard? are you kidding? thats really not fast at all for a guy that plans on playing DB or even LB for that matter... be better gain about 40 more lbs and think about maybe being a TE :wtf

The 4.75 is a 40 time based on a Nike camp which used an electronic timing. He had a 4.5 at another camp. Electronic timing can be misleading sometimes because it adds almost .97 to your time

Nameless, I have a relative that lives in Florida. I sent him the link to your post above, to ask him for any information he had. Imagine my surprise when he forwarded back to me a recent edition of the South Orange News. In that article was this quote:

Hamre said that work done in the spring and the summer has led to the elevated expectations.

"What has been done from January until now has been amazing," he said. "This year we don't look at the schedule and get overwhelmed. We don't play anybody that makes us think, 'This could be a long night.'

"We've seen some of our last seniors here this fall working out. That's important for a building program that is building a tradition at the same time."

A pair of last year's Patriots became Freedom's first college signees. Strong safety Chris Campa signed with Division I Eastern Michigan, and lineman Mitch Murdock signed with Division III St. Olaf (Minn.) College.

Both Oak Ridge and Cypress Creek, also in District 6A-5 with Freedom, Gateway, Boone and Dr. Phillips, will have a new starting quarterback under center. Pioneers Coach Mark Jackson debuted junior Dominique Daniels in Oak Ridge's spring game against Olympia in May.

That's word-for-word identical to your post above, for which you claimed attribution by the following:

######: Material is copywritted and no reproduction of this material is allowed

This has been discussed with you before. Posting a quote from a source such as a newspaper that provides free access is fine - so long as attribution is provided. However, as an attorney let me assure you of three things:

1. You cannot legally claim that the material in your post is copyrighted by you when, in fact, it is plagarized in whole or in part, from another source - especially one that is itself copyrighted.

2. Cutting and pasting a copyrighted quote without attribution is bad enough - doing so and claiming it as yours is grounds for both civil and criminal actions.

3. Continuing this practice jeopardizes this board.

Given this, how much of the remainder of the post is yours, and how much is non-attributed material from a third source?

Also, you have a line in the post thus:

I asked James on his top choices and where Nebraska stands

The manner in which that statement is presented, coupled with your claim of authorship, implies that you had contact with this recruit. Did you?

Please immediately amend the post to include the appropriate attributions, or delete the material that is from a third party. Thank you.

Some of the material posted in the South Orange news edition was taken from an article the site i work for did back in July. If you look at what i wrote and what they wrote, you can see that they are similiar in about 2 or 3 paragraphs, the rest has nothing to do with the article linked. The material they presented was from our site, not their site. The site i work for gave them permission to use parts of the article (but not all) after the minimum 30 days limit expires (meaning a site can use premium material in a article WITH consent).

As a recruiting site, we are allowed to contact recuits, thus when i said i contacted him, i did. Otherwise how else would i know that coach Randy Jordan was his contact coach. How else would i know what his recent team score was a couple of days ago or the fact i have a photo (which the site obtained and allowed me to use here) of him posted that neither rivals nor scout has on him. Some material i used in this post was from a past article the site i work for wrote and the rest is in my own words according to the interview.

Eric the Red asked me to do a couple of things recently and i did them which didn't bother me because i respected his wishes (such as removing my avatar i had), but i will not amend this article because i have nothing to hide. If you want to delete the post, that's fine by me. If you want to recommend i be banend, that's also fine by me. I made it clear i was not going to jepordize this site and if you and the rest of the mods feels this post jepordizes it, then delete it and ban me.

Email Ken Jackson and ask him where he got his info from. You will know then the truth. After you find out the truth, i don't want an appology because it wont mean much. Had you approached me by email instead of like this, i would have been fine.

There's a reason i said the post was copywritten. This is the last time i share a article with the board. I was sharing this out of courtsey

Watching his recruiting video he didn't seem very fast. I don't recall what the article said about the school classifications, but it didn't look like he was playing against the top talent. He looked like he was playing JV teams. He was just that much bigger than everyone. Some of the plays on his recruiting video weren't all that impressive. He had a pitch or two where he failed to get the corner and had the play strung out on him. A diving catch he made that was ruled out of bounds by the ref. A few short 3 yd runs up the middle and off tackle. He did have some impressive plays though. The punt return was good. He didn't look all that smooth though.

Some of the material posted in the South Orange news edition was taken from an article the site i work for did back in July. If you look at what i wrote and what they wrote, you can see that they are similiar in about 2 or 3 paragraphs, the rest has nothing to do with the article linked. The material they presented was from our site, not their site. The site i work for gave them permission to use parts of the article (but not all) after the minimum 30 days limit expires (meaning a site can use premium material in a article WITH consent).

As a recruiting site, we are allowed to contact recuits, thus when i said i contacted him, i did. Otherwise how else would i know that coach Randy Jordan was his contact coach. How else would i know what his recent team score was a couple of days ago or the fact i have a photo (which the site obtained and allowed me to use here) of him posted that neither rivals nor scout has on him. Some material i used in this post was from a past article the site i work for wrote and the rest is in my own words according to the interview.

Eric the Red asked me to do a couple of things recently and i did them which didn't bother me because i respected his wishes (such as removing my avatar i had), but i will not amend this article because i have nothing to hide. If you want to delete the post, that's fine by me. If you want to recommend i be banend, that's also fine by me. I made it clear i was not going to jepordize this site and if you and the rest of the mods feels this post jepordizes it, then delete it and ban me.

Email Ken Jackson and ask him where he got his info from. You will know then the truth. After you find out the truth, i don't want an appology because it wont mean much. Had you approached me by email instead of like this, i would have been fine.

There's a reason i said the post was copywritten. This is the last time i share a article with the board. I was sharing this out of courtsey

What site?? What are you talking about? Whta's the name of it? I've heard this before, is it Husker tunnel walk because I went there and it doesn't work. I want to read more of this stuff. If they don't want you to put your articles on here, where can I find the others?

Before you take this personally let me point out a few things:

1. If we see content that we think violates a copyright, we are going to investigate - regardless who posts it. We are not going to jeopardize this board just to keep from hurting some feelings.

2. The reason that I posted rather than emailed you is simple. This board has been contacted by various entites concerning you posts. We have stated to them that we will examine your posts, and will remove content that violates copyright. My post is proof to those entities that we are sticking to our word.

3. You have refused, despite more than one request, to reveal the employer to whom you refer, or other relevant information. That means that we have no way to validate your claims. Combining Numbers 2 and 3, especially coupled with your history, places this board in a postion of having to closely scrutinize your posts. Whether you feel that is fair, or right, or just, is not the issue. The issue is that this board has a responsibility to prohibit copyright material that is posted without attribution or without permission. We're not going to jeopardize the board on your say-so.

4. Assuming, for the limited purpose of argument only, that you work for some site that provided information to the newspaper that printed the original material, the fact remains that the material you quoted without attribution belongs to the paper. Regardless whether the site you claim to work for gave the paper permission to use its material, the material you quoted belongs to the paper. It does not belong to you or the site you claim to work for. The copyright rest with the paper. Unless or until you can provide some proof that you have permission from the paper to use that material without attribution, or that they have granted it to you for use in material you create and for which you claim a copyright, what you did was a copyright violation, and certainly a violation of the conditions this board has asked you to follow.

Now, as for your claims that you are working for someone and have access to recruits through that site, the time has come to validate that claim so that we can accurately determine what you can and cannot post on this board. It does not have to be public - you can email or PM Blackshirt or Eric the Red. Let them know for whom you are working, and provide them with the contact information so that they can verify it. They can then contact these individuals and ascertain precisely what authority you have, and what information is theirs or yours, as opposed to a newspaper or other source.

This matter can be resolved quite simply. Provide the relevant information. Or post with attribution. But if you are unwilling to do either, then your decision to not post recruiting information is the correct one.

I look at every Husker website there is, which is why I'm usually on here sporadically. But when the issue of copying comes up, your name inevitable comes up. I couldn't care less who's right or wrong, but the board your on has to watch their back. There's a history. Well anyway, that's my 2 cents...Good Luck! Hope it works out, you usually post some interesting info good for discussion.

2. The reason that I posted rather than emailed you is simple. This board has been contacted by various entites concerning you posts. We have stated to them that we will examine your posts, and will remove content that violates copyright. My post is proof to those entities that we are sticking to our word

Good for you sticking to your word, but because of that fact alone, those same entities that you are referring to are the same ones following me from site to site like a virus trying to drive my name to the ground and slandar me. I have neither the money nor the legal means to take them on, nor do i wish to do so because regardless if these entities "believe it or not" i'm not there to take money out of their pockets. I am there to spread information about the Husker program for FREE and that's what pisses them off the most.

I was supposedly given a speech (can't recall by who) that everyone comes here with a clean slate, yet you just admitted that my posts are more scrutnized then anyone else. So because of that response/remark, i don't believe you or anyone else is entitled to know who my employer is simply because you do not trust me, so why should i trust you? You have not given me a reason to trust you, specially after this move you just pulled. Who is to say you are not working for them just to find out who i write for and once i reveal it, you go and tell them? Why would i be stupid enough to give you that satisfaction? I don't know you well enough, let alone you are asking me to trust you?

I had these same so called "entities" (I am a betting man and will bet money i know exactly who you are talking about) emailing and pming members of my board and begging people on my board (after i locked them out) for any information they were willing to spare in order to get my board shut down, and when they could not find any reason for foul play, they had Ezboard shut me down because they practically own that message board system (you know and everyone else knows who i am talking about).

You still don't get it do you Ar Husker and neither do some people who still think that by publicly trying to call me out is going to effect me. You want to call me a plagarist, so be it. If Willie wants to jump in and put in his 2 cents and say that i am a liar, go ahead. Some people just can't come to terms that some people might actually have connections with the university and because someone else (like a rivals or scout) doesn't want them to give out that info for free, and start bad mouthing him, then all of a sudden he's a liar.

I find it ironic that if i am supposedly stealing all this material from scout.com or rivals.com that i wouldn't have been sued by now. It doesn't matter if you talk to recruit X or Y or Z 10 or 20 times. You are going to get the same answer over and over and over again. Recruits don't go around saying "ok, i am going to tell rivals one thing, scout another, espn's scout service a different story and if my local newspapers calls, i am going to totally throw them off and give them another story. sh#t is going to match up and just because 2 services write similiar articles and somoene comes along and writes a third article, it's magically suppose to just be different?

So before you go around throwing insults and then tell me not to take it personal, tell me what you would do in my shoes...nevermind, i don't even want you to answer that. I am bigger then that.

You have refused, despite more than one request, to reveal the employer to whom you refer, or other relevant information. That means that we have no way to validate your claims

See (chuckles), here's what you don't understand. I don't have to validate to you my employer. The people who read my articles on my employers sites already know i am validated. You want my employer? It aint gonna happen. So you can go back and tell Steve Ryan or whoever it is that is bugging you for info that he can put a sock in it cause he's not gonna get anything from me.

Regardless whether the site you claim to work for gave the paper permission to use its material, the material you quoted belongs to the paper.

No offense but i find it hard to believe you practice law. That statement right there just makes you look silly. Material we gave them to use with OUR consent is now their property? I will have to bring that up to my employer and let them know a article we wrote and let another source use parts of it is now no longer our property. jerkoff.gif