UfC Ver vs Jones

Always cool when there is a free UFC event on tv, but now I just need a place to watch it because I don't have Versus.

There are some really good fights. Most interested in the Vera/Jones and Gonzaga/Dos Santos fights, but they should all be entertaining. Runner up of the last Ultimate Fighter, Brendan Schaub, fights too so thats cool. After getting KO'd by Roy Nelson, it's time to see if he's for real.

As far as picks, I'm not sure how any of these will play out, but I'd like to see Vera get a win.

James Irvin vs Alessio Sakara

Cheick Kongo vs Paul Buentello

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Junior Dos Santos

Brandon Vera vs Jon Jones

My picks are in red. Anybody else care about these fights at all even thought there's no title fights I think they are all really interesting.

Geez everybody I was rooting for got beat except for Jones. I thought that James Irwin would give Alessio a run for his money but ended in a weird way. Too bad for Irwin he did act like he really did get poked in the eye by covering his eye and dropping to his knees but the replay did show a clean punch....too bad for Irwin.

Paul really disappointed me because he did pretty well for Strikeforce and Affliction and he just seemed slow and not himself. Usually he's full of explosivness as a solid stand up fighter but didn't show that side of him today.

Gabriel you let me down again by getting knocked out but was glad that Jones beat Brandon. I said it when Jones beat Stephan Bonnar that he will be a top fighter soon because I was extremely impressed with his win over Bonnar.

All and all this had some pretty good fights and was worth watching it.