If Nebraska Did Go Undefeated in 2010-11

Playing in the BCS National Championship January 10, 2011  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now I know I'm with a lot of people :koolaid2: for Nebraska's 2010-11 season, but who do you think would be selected in the case all four of these teams were undefeated after December 4, 2010? No I'm not sayin Nebraska will be going undefeated, or the other teams listed, but I am curious what would be decided for the BCS National Championship game...Of course Nebraska going undefeated in 2010-11 is possible!!! :koolaid2::koolaid2:

Here are each of these teams' schedules (maybe telling us something about their schedule strengths):

ALABAMA

9/4 SAN JOSE STATE

9/11 PENN STATE

9/18 at Duke

9/25 at Arkansas

10/2 FLORIDA

10/9 at South Carolina

10/16 OLE MISS

10/23 at Tennessee

11/6 at LSU

11/13 MISSISSIPPI STATE

11/20 GEORGIA STATE

11/26 AUBURN

12/4 SEC Championship

OHIO STATE

9/2 MARSHALL

9/11 MIAMI(FL)

9/18 OHIO

9/25 EASTERN MICHIGAN

10/2 at ILLINOIS

10/9 INDIANA

10/16 at WISCONSIN

10/23 PURDUE

10/30 at MINNESOTA

11/13 PENN STATE

11/20 at IOWA

11/27 MICHIGAN

NEBRASKA

9/4 WESTERN KENTUCKY

9/11 IDAHO

9/18 at WASHINGTON

9/25 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

10/7 at KANSAS STATE

10/16 TEXAS

10/23 at OKLAHOMA STATE

10/30 MISSOURI

11/6 at OHIO STATE

11/13 KANSAS

11/20 at TEXAS A&M

11/26 COLORADO

12/4 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

BOISE STATE

9/6 VIGINIA TECH (FEDEX FIELD)

9/18 at WYOMING

9/25 OREGON STATE

10/2 at NEW MEXICO STATE

10/9 TOLEDO

10/16 at SAN JOSE STATE

10/26 LOUISIANA TECH

11/6 HAWAII

11/12 at IDAHO

11/19 FRESNO STATE

12/4 UTAH STATE

• Fire 1

Bama would be in for sure b/c everyone thinks the SEC is the bees knees. Boise would be out for sure. I'd have to lean toward OSU because they'll start ranked the highest of the remaining 3 at the beginning of the season IMHO. Although OSU does have a bad habit of getting embarrassed in BCS title games, and everyone knows NU fans would make the trip in droves...

But lets worry about winning all the games before we start planning our trips to Tempe ;)

Bama would be in for sure b/c everyone thinks the SEC is the bees knees. Boise would be out for sure. I'd have to lean toward OSU because they'll start ranked the highest of the remaining 3 at the beginning of the season IMHO. Although OSU does have a bad habit of getting embarrassed in BCS title games, and everyone knows NU fans would make the trip in droves...

But lets worry about winning all the games before we start planning our trips to Tempe ;)

I agree with you! Would be fun to plan that trip though! I got to thinking about this after reading the rivals article: "Nebraska sets its sights on a title run"

I was thinking, "wow, could we be like Boise State if all 4 of these teams would go undefeated?" I thought it was interesting to ponder so thought I'd see what everyone thought.

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO PLAN THAT TRIP!!! :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

Im going with Ohio State and Nebraska. Not because its Bo's old college team, or Ohio State is talented enough to go in 2010.

I only want to see Ohio State and Nebraska play in a big game, it seems like forever since the two have played each other. Plus, i would like to see Herby eat his foot when Ohio State falls to Nebraska.

1995 Huskers weren't good enough to beat 2001 USC my ass.

I agree with you! Would be fun to plan that trip though! I got to thinking about this after reading the rivals article: "Nebraska sets its sights on a title run"

I was thinking, "wow, could we be like Boise State if all 4 of these teams would go undefeated?" I thought it was interesting to ponder so thought I'd see what everyone thought.

Agreed!!! It was a blast planning our trip to the Holiday Bowl, and I was super jacked to go, we had our tix, hotels, and everything booked (until chronic headaches kept me from going :facepalm: ). But I can't imagine what it would be like planning for a NC game... :koolaid2:

Agreed!!! It was a blast planning our trip to the Holiday Bowl, and I was super jacked to go, we had our tix, hotels, and everything booked (until chronic headaches kept me from going :facepalm: ). But I can't imagine what it would be like planning for a NC game... :koolaid2:

My dad took me to the January 2, 1996 Fiesta Bowl for the Gator whoopin'! I've gone to a few Bowl games and a couple Big 12 Championships, and they were awesome, but nothing compares to going to a NC game. I have to make sure I don't let my wife see this because it might put me in the doghouse, but my son's birth and the NC game was the best experiences of my life. Our wedding was great, but come on... Becoming a father and that NC game were by far the best things to ever happen to me!!! I really would love to experience the latter again asap!!! Having another child can definately wait lol

I think it would be very high possibility that Nebraska and Boise State would get left out...

With all the SEC love from the media Bama would most likely be in it

Ohio State playing Miami and Penn State at home; playing Wisconsin and Iowa for away games they might have the upper hand when it comes to SOS... those 4 teams will most likely be ranked pretty high.

Boise State's extremely weak conference schedule along with Virginia Tech at Fedex Field and Oregon State at home will hurt their credibility again.

As for Nebraska... How many teams are on Nebraska's schedule that will even be ranked? Texas; then Texas or Oklahoma in CCG. Maybe a couple others will sneak in the top 25, but we all know it's a pretty weak schedule.

This is why I picked Alabama/Ohio State although it would really really suck to not get in if Nebraska was to go undefeated

I think it would be very high possibility that Nebraska and Boise State would get left out...

Ohio State playing Miami and Penn State at home; playing Wisconsin and Iowa for away games they might have the upper hand when it comes to SOS... those 4 teams will most likely be ranked pretty high.

Boise State's extremely weak conference schedule along with Virginia Tech at Fedex Field and Oregon State at home will hurt their credibility again.

As for Nebraska... How many teams are on Nebraska's schedule that will even be ranked? Texas; then Texas or Oklahoma in CCG. Maybe a couple others will sneak in the top 25, but we all know it's a pretty weak schedule.

This is why I picked Alabama/Ohio State although it would really really suck to not get in if Nebraska was to go undefeated

One thing for us to consider is that Nebraska plays one more game after OSU's season is done, the B12 champ. game. If OSU was say, one spot ahead of Nebraska, and Nebraska beat a top 5-15 ranked Texas/Oklahoma, that could be enough to edge out Ohio State...you know how much timing matters to the BCS brass

One thing for us to consider is that Nebraska plays one more game after OSU's season is done, the B12 champ. game. If OSU was say, one spot ahead of Nebraska, and Nebraska beat a top 5-15 ranked Texas/Oklahoma, that could be enough to edge out Ohio State...you know how much timing matters to the BCS brass

That is true... maybe a toss up. Kinda a crappy thought though that Nebraska could have a perfect season and possibly not get the chance! Just sayin...

And this is the entire reason why the Big 10 and Pac 10 want to expand. For now you would have to think Nebraska gets it if Texas/OU have a decent ranking.

Well if Texas A&M is better, like some analysts are saying, i can see them being in the 20-25 range when we play them. OSU will be a low ranked team as well if they can come back strong after losing Robinson. I think OU will be better and be pretty close to us in the rankings all through the season. Texas, well, if things pan out for Texas A&M and OSU, Texas will be a big disappointment, and people will hop off the Garrett Gilbert bandwagon and onto the Landry Jones one. With an undefeated season, i see no reason why we wouldn't be in the Top 5 by the Championship game. A win in there should put us in the BCS title game. It did for Texas this year, why not Nebraska? :corndance

But you know even with a loss, early in the season, probably to Washington. Our title dream wouldn't be dead, we would need to win the rest of the season, the Big 12 championship, and for some big upsets to happen in the WAC and SEC. I'm sure we all know the past few years have seen some pretty big upsets in college football.

Just because of rankings I would say OSU and Bama. That may change though because the computers would probably favor us. Beating Texas twice or Texas and Oklahoma both in one year would really help our case. In reality though I dont see four or even three teams going undefeated.

Well if Texas A&M is better, like some analysts are saying, i can see them being in the 20-25 range when we play them. OSU will be a low ranked team as well if they can come back strong after losing Robinson. I think OU will be better and be pretty close to us in the rankings all through the season. Texas, well, if things pan out for Texas A&M and OSU, Texas will be a big disappointment, and people will hop off the Garrett Gilbert bandwagon and onto the Landry Jones one. With an undefeated season, i see no reason why we wouldn't be in the Top 5 by the Championship game. A win in there should put us in the BCS title game. It did for Texas this year, why not Nebraska? :corndance

But you know even with a loss, early in the season, probably to Washington. Our title dream wouldn't be dead, we would need to win the rest of the season, the Big 12 championship, and for some big upsets to happen in the WAC and SEC. I'm sure we all know the past few years have seen some pretty big upsets in college football.

In Texas' case last year, look at who they had to cause them any issues in the polls, Boise State. Boise has been overlooked a few times... lol

It is possible A&M picks up their game enough to be top 25, but still don't know if the strength of schedule would be greater than Ohio State. Believe me... I really hate saying that.

In NCAA 10 on PS3 I actually had an oddly similar situation. Going into the CCG Nebraska was ranked 3, Ohio State 2, and Florida was 1. After the CCG Nebraska jumped into the 2 spot and got to play in the BCS National Championship game against #1 Florida.

I played OU in the CCG and only won it 24-10 so it wasn't a real big whoopin or anything.

Then laid a whoopin on Florida, of course, 38-17 to win it all! That sums up the NCAA 10 outcome! lol :koolaid2:

I don't know how accurate the "polls" are in that game, but I would imagine the creators try to make the game as accurate as possible in this aspect.