Fox's '24' Cancelled

Well, maybe not awful, but completely uninteresting. I just want this day to be over with.

I believe you were right with the first observation. I think they finally ran out of story lines and when the writers went all PC last year, they kind of lost me.

I did get a kick out of how the writers turned Renee Walker from a straight arrow FBI agent to someone so bat sh#t crazy she scares the crap out of Jack Bauer.

Well, maybe not awful, but completely uninteresting. I just want this day to be over with.

I believe you were right with the first observation. I think they finally ran out of story lines and when the writers went all PC last year, they kind of lost me.

I did get a kick out of how the writers turned Renee Walker from a straight arrow FBI agent to someone so bat sh#t crazy she scares the crap out of Jack Bauer.

:yeah

it is one of my favorite tv shows, it sux that fox is canceling it. maybe one of the other networks will pick it up, but i doubt it

NBC was in talks about acquiring the licensing of '24' earlier this year but ultimately decided against it.

Look at the bright side. There's another open spot for scripted reality TV. :facepalm:

I watched 24 from season 1 until 5 from the first day it ever aired in 2001. And then it just got really stupid. At the end of season 5, when he gets kidnapped by the Chinese? That was really stupid. The improbability and impossibility of the terrorists' plans just got to the point where it was like... "okay, this is nonsense... thank you". It is like the producers had a button they pushed and terrorists would show up and f#*k everyone up, even though the circumstances were totally circumstantial and impossible to plan for, never mind plan for in like a half-hour period. In their search for quick-thrills, they made the show really campy.

Huge 24 fan, this season has struggled a little but is better then last season. I think people expect sooo much, when they story lines just cant do much to stay orginal. I knew this would be the last season and i hope they kill jack because that will end it. They have a movie planned for later so they can fix loose ties up then.

and season 5 was the best season ever.. i wish they could go back to taht

24's great and I feel they should get another chance or two to pick things up. It's kind of sad seeing it get canceled, dry as it's been...feels like the end of an era.

Anyone watch Burn Notice? Different style but that's a really good show.

I think the cancellation of 24 was a bit premature but I think the actors in the lead roles were wanting to do other projects too. Eight years is a long time in television years.

Burn Notice has been one of my favorites since season 1. I've been a big Bruce Campbell fan since his Briscoe County and Evil Dead days.

Burn Notice new season starts June 1st.