Kunalic willing to redshirt this season

If he did redshirt it might a good chance for whoever the next kicker may be to get some good gametime experience, if Henery doesn't do the kickoffs. It could clear up some questions for the long run.

I also think that our kickoff coverage unit will be pretty solid this year. If we don't have a kicker who kicks touchbacks half the time like Adi, I think we'd be OK. I vote yes to him redshirting.

I dont believe we anything to worry about with Kunalic. We have proven that we solid kickers ready step in the past. Plus our coverage team is lights out. If offense is as bad as it was last year, Im little skeptical of Henery having to do all 3 kicking duties. By the 4th quarter his leg might be "out of gas" to make that punt to pin em deep or make that long field goal.

I guess he just wants a shot.

It sounds like you don't have a lot of confidence he'll have much of a chance even next year. But I guess, from his pov, it's a heck of a lot better than what he'd get this year.

Nonetheless, if it's not good for the team, keep him as our kickoff ace. I hope he'll accept that role if that's what it comes to.

I guess he just wants a shot.

It sounds like you don't have a lot of confidence he'll have much of a chance even next year. But I guess, from his pov, it's a heck of a lot better than what he'd get this year.

Adi really had his shot nearly 4 years ago, but could not latch onto the job. He came in as the guy who had an offer over Henery, but couldn't secure the job.

Really, I love Adi. Guy doesn't whine, does what is asked of him and that is it. But at some point, you have to come to a realization that you are what you are. Plenty of guys would love to get their break and get an extra season, but for some, you have to wonder what the point is?

Adi was a kid with an incredibly strong leg who colleges were willing to take a risk on for it. If they could teach Adi to control his leg, you could have a kicker you don't find very often. Nearly 4 years in and Adi is still looking for consistency on his kicks.

If Adi really wants his shot, he should transfer to a D2 school and attempt to get a break. But as far as being a B12 caliber kicker, I just don't see it.

Hard to believe these two will already be Srs..

And I didn't think Adi was still getting the balls in the Endzone as much as when he first got here.

I hope he gets his chance to redshirt..Isn't he an Engineering major? Tuff to get your degree in four...My older Bro took 4.5-5 back in the day.

Good move!

Will give him a better chance to show how he handles gametime pressure at the highest level to scouts if he can secure the job in yr. #5.

I thought we had two of the top three kickers in the B-12 last season.

And I didn't think Adi was still getting the balls in the Endzone as much as when he first got here.

They did move the kickoff marker back like 10 yards, didn't they?

Durring their Freshman year..And I thought it was 5.

That's what endeared Adi to me at the time...The rule change didn't seem to affect us that year.

EDIT: