Unsung Hero of the Husker program

So I was browsing one of rivals' daily photo galleries this morning, and I can't help but notice all of our guys look in excellent physical condition. I think we are so fortunate to have a guy like coach Dobson as strength and conditioning coach, I think he deserves as much credit as any other coach for how good of shape our guys are in. We really are lucky to have Dobson in our program. So here's to you, coach Dobson. Let's hear some love.

Interestingly enough, I was browsing DeJon Gomes' Facebook photos and he had one where he was breaking up a pass in the Holiday Bowl and the caption read, "Man that Pac-10 needed to hit the weight room, or kall up Dobson he will get u right!!" Dobson is obviously a huge factor, just look at the amount of muscle our guys are putting on during the off-season, all without losing speed (more often than not, gaining speed/quickness).

Interestingly enough, I was browsing DeJon Gomes' Facebook photos and he had one where he was breaking up a pass in the Holiday Bowl and the caption read, "Man that Pac-10 needed to hit the weight room, or kall up Dobson he will get u right!!" Dobson is obviously a huge factor, just look at the amount of muscle our guys are putting on during the off-season, all without losing speed (more often than not, gaining speed/quickness).

Its funny how it makes such a big difference...you don't normally think of S&C as one of the big parts of the game (until Dobson came around at least!)

Its funny how it makes such a big difference...you don't normally think of S&C as one of the big parts of the game (until Dobson came around at least!)

Really, you must be to young....nevermind.

Poor wording I guess? If I asked you the most important aspect of the game, would your knee jerk response be strength an conditioning? That reaction must come with age I guess

Really, you must be to young....nevermind.

Poor wording I guess? If I asked you the most important aspect of the game, would your knee jerk response be strength an conditioning? That reaction must come with age I guess

I believe he is referring to Boyd Epley . . . the pioneer of college football weight training . . . and a Husker legend.

:power Nothing compares to winning the battle on the line of scrimmage where the Huskers wear down the other team. I agree Boyd Epley changed college athletics by introducing strength & conditioning to improve all athletes abilities in whatever sport they played.

We have Iowa's renowned S&C program to thank for Dobson's training. We got a steal with him. It was apparent from the first Spring Game Bo coached that Dobson was the linch pin of the entire Nebraska resurgence. What he did with Matt Slauson and even Suh is pretty remarkable. Hopefully he has a long and fulfilling career at Nebraska.