***European Soccer Thread***

Higuain's Back Surgery A Success

On the club's official website, Real Madrid confirmed that the striker will officially be released from the hospital on Wednesday and is expected to miss around four months of action. Despite the surgery being successful, the Argentine is still expected to miss the rest of the season after he was operated on in Chicago on Tuesday where he will remain for a couple of days.

FC Twente Sign AC Milan Defender Oguchi Onyewu On Loan

Reigning Eredivisie champions FC Twente have completed the transfer of American defender Oguchi Onyewu from AC Milan. The 28-year-old centre-back has signed a loan deal until the end of the season. The American is thought to have left due to a lack of playing time at the San Siro.

Dalglish Unsure If Liverpool Will Spend In January

After being knocked out of the FA Cup by Manchester United, Liverpool lost 2-1 to Blackpool in the Premier League last night, with many expecting new faces to be brought in during the January transfer window.

But Dalglish told reporters: "I'm sure they'll improve but whether there's going to be any players coming in or moving around I don't know. I can always make a request, it might not always be accepted. I've never breached the subject with money being available with the owners. If there is the possibility of bringing somebody in we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. At the moment I've not asked for anybody and I've not inquired for finances."